Bad news for Saints...Bucs Cody Grimm and Davin Joseph suffered season-ending injuries (1 Viewer)

He was taling about winning the division obviously....and yes if we don't win the NFC South there is a remote chance we miss the playoff....even if we win all our remaining games

That's not true... We have the third best record in the NFC, if we win out, we are at the very least a wildcard.

edited: Actually, we're tied for the second best record in the NFC with the Bears.

Not when you believe, as I do, that the only chance of the Falcons losing two more games is if they lose to the Bucs this weekend.

That's a strange attitude to have given the fact that it's been a weird year in the NFL. They're 3-2 on the road this year and would be 2-3 if not for Hartley's missed chip shot. Their next 3 are on the road. Let's see how it all shakes out.

Let's just enjoy the position we're in. We're 8-3 and we're just now starting to get healthy. We can still win the SB even if the Falcons win the South. Have some faith.

Not when you believe, as I do, that the only chance of the Falcons losing two more games is if they lose to the Bucs this weekend.

also - if you believe, as I do, that the Saints will most likely lose 1 game from here on out to finish 12-4, the Falcons MUST lose to tampa for us to have any shot at the division.

otherwise they'd have to lose 2 other games in addition to our Monday nighter. and the chances of that happening (with their remaining schedule) are slim & none. and as they say, slim left about an hour ago.

even if we win out, the falcons schedule is so creampuffy delicious they'll be hard-pressed to lose an additional game. this sunday is by far their best shot at a L. a win virtually clinches the division, and everybody knows it. HUGE HUGE HUGE game.

The Bucs beating the Falcons is a pipe dream anyway. The Clowns are a terrible match up for the Bucs. Tampa can be competitive against teams with no running game but they're still one of the worst run D in the league and Turner is going to rop 150+ on the ground against them...it won't be close

How so? Tampa should have beat them in Atlanta if not for screwing up at the 1.

More breaks for the Failcons. Is this some sort of cosmic "payback" for having to suffer the Vick debacle? That doesn't seem fair, since their fans continued to idolize him even after it all went down (and, heck, the owner even got his money back).
Seriously, what has Atlanta or their owner done to merit such fortune????

More breaks for the Failcons. Is this some sort of cosmic "payback" for having to suffer the Vick debacle? That doesn't seem fair, since their fans continued to idolize him even after it all went down (and, heck, the owner even got his money back).
<b>Seriously, what has Atlanta or their owner done to merit such fortune????</b>
Sold their soul...

Its amazing to me that so many people on this board can't bring themselves to accept that the Falcons are a VERY GOOD team. They are the best team in the NFC, right now. And they are probably top 3-4 in the league.

And this obsession with the Falcons being lucky is ridiculous. To me, the Saints were much luckier last year than the Falcons are this year. But its not even worth arguing that point. The Falcons are 9-2 and beat some very good teams. I'm not saying that you have to LIKE the fact that they are good. Just saying you should accept it.

Now, having said all that, history shows that it is very difficult for a a team to beat another team three times in one season. Thats what I am hanging my hopes on in case we lose to Atlanta again in the regular season...

Right now, I am eyeing that number 5 spot. I'd much rather have the Saints travel to Seattle or St. Louis instead of GB, Chi, or Philly...

They haven't won anything yet. There are better teams besides us than the Falcons, they will not win the Super Bowl.

also - if you believe, as I do, that the Saints will most likely lose 1 game from here on out to finish 12-4, the Falcons MUST lose to tampa for us to have any shot at the division.

otherwise they'd have to lose 2 other games in addition to our Monday nighter. and the chances of that happening (with their remaining schedule) are slim & none. and as they say, slim left about an hour ago.

even if we win out, the falcons schedule is so creampuffy delicious they'll be hard-pressed to lose an additional game. this sunday is by far their best shot at a L. a win virtually clinches the division, and everybody knows it. HUGE HUGE HUGE game.

I agree. The Falcons know what's at stake Sunday. With Carolna 2x coming up, this game is a monster on the schedule when it comes to taking the division. Personally, while I think it's possible (especially if we aren't playing for any positioning) that the Saints can come in and win in a few weeks, I will be mildly shocked if we lose another game...

Said it before and I will say it again take care of our business and the falcons lose at least one game. They are living on the edge.....

What if the two dudes who replace these injured players are awesome, diamonds in the rough -- and they completely dominate and the Bucs win going away?

It's not likely....but possible.

Its just time to accept the fact that everything is going right for the falcons, and their likely gonna take #1 seed in the NFC.

Its just their year, though I don't see them winning the SuperBowl.

Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Jets..... all better teams then them.

The Sreelers, who we beat, and the Colts, who are 6-5 and we beat last year, are better, but we (8-3, SB champs) are not?

The Sreelers, who we beat, and the Colts, who are 6-5 and we beat last year, are better, but we (8-3, SB champs) are not?

I am with you and the falcons and saints better dicussion will be solved on the 27th! forget what happens between now and then.

I will start worrying about all of this when someone announces The Saints are officially in the playoffs. My Motto last year was "Just get In" as it is this year.

Not throwing INTs or fumbling the ball is a popular theory. Seriously do we really not get this? Don't turn the ball over, wait for the other team to turn the ball over, and you'll win a lot of games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom