Bad news for Saints...Bucs Cody Grimm and Davin Joseph suffered season-ending injuries (1 Viewer)

What if the two dudes who replace these injured players are awesome, diamonds in the rough -- and they completely dominate and the Bucs win going away?

It's not likely....but possible.

bucs got torched after grimm went down. not saying that he made the difference, just stating what it looked like

The Saints play the Bucs again too.
These (unfortunate) injuries help the Saints almost as much as they do the Falcons.

That's a strange attitude to have given the fact that it's been a weird year in the NFL. They're 3-2 on the road this year and would be 2-3 if not for Hartley's missed chip shot. Their next 3 are on the road. Let's see how it all shakes out.

Let's just enjoy the position we're in. We're 8-3 and we're just now starting to get healthy. We can still win the SB even if the Falcons win the South. Have some faith.

Dude, please don't put words in my mouth. I never said I didn't have faith in the Saints. I just don't have faith that we can win the Division if Falcons win over the Bucs.

Its amazing to me that so many people on this board can't bring themselves to accept that the Falcons are a VERY GOOD team. They are the best team in the NFC, right now. And they are probably top 3-4 in the league.

And this obsession with the Falcons being lucky is ridiculous. To me, the Saints were much luckier last year than the Falcons are this year. But its not even worth arguing that point. The Falcons are 9-2 and beat some very good teams. I'm not saying that you have to LIKE the fact that they are good. Just saying you should accept it.

Now, having said all that, history shows that it is very difficult for a a team to beat another team three times in one season. Thats what I am hanging my hopes on in case we lose to Atlanta again in the regular season...

Right now, I am eyeing that number 5 spot. I'd much rather have the Saints travel to Seattle or St. Louis instead of GB, Chi, or Philly...
I'd much rather go to St. Louis or Arizona than Seattle:hihi:

I will start worrying about all of this when someone announces The Saints are officially in the playoffs. My Motto last year was "Just get In" as it is this year.

This is where I am, and with each win, we just get closer and closer. Man, the Saints have a great opportunity to get to 10-3 before 2 very difficult road games, as long as they play their game mixed with some mistake-free football.

Like you said, "just get in".
Actually, that's also what she said. :mwink:

:hihi:

The Sreelers, who we beat, and the Colts, who are 6-5 and we beat last year, are better, but we (8-3, SB champs) are not?

as of this minute, no. were not. there ahead of us in the NFC, in large part because they beat us. And we're not better then them until we go further then them in the playoffs or beat them.

furthermore, the teams I named are in different divisions, conferences, and running entirely different schedules. where as the Saints and Falcons, run the same division, same conference, similar schedule.

The Saints play the Bucs again too.
These (unfortunate) injuries help the Saints almost as much as they do the Falcons.

It is all about matchups...and we match up good against the Bucs...regardless. The Falcons also get the Panthers without their elite RB and their sometimes very capable QB...so its not like all these opposing teams injuries help us just as much as them. The Saints beat them by like 25+ last time at their house and it could have easily been much more....we don't need an easier game they need a harder one.

It is all about matchups...and we match up good against the Bucs...regardless. The Falcons also get the Panthers without their elite RB and their sometimes very capable QB...so its not like all these opposing teams injuries help us just as much as them. The Saints beat them by like 25+ last time at their house and it could have easily been much more....we don't need an easier game they need a harder one.

We matched up well with the Bucs at their place last season and still lost in NO a few weeks later. I'll take an easier game aginst the Bucs this time around if we can get it. They are still a contender capable of knocking us out of the wild card spot so dont underestimate them. Still hope they step it up again against the Falcons though.

cody grimm???? its not like they lost ed reed or something cody grimm would not be playing anyway if it werent for jackson getting suspended, i will not lose sleep over cody freakin grimm! zuttah is a decent guard to replace joseph.

The game is at Tampa. The Bucs have a good shot at winning regardless of these two injuries.

We matched up well with the Bucs at their place last season and still lost in NO a few weeks later. I'll take an easier game aginst the Bucs this time around if we can get it. They are still a contender capable of knocking us out of the wild card spot so dont underestimate them. Still hope they step it up again against the Falcons though.

We were beat up with a ton injuries...we are just the opposite right now we are getting healthier...we have no reason to fear the Bucs this year.

Not throwing INTs or fumbling the ball is a popular theory. Seriously do we really not get this? Don't turn the ball over, wait for the other team to turn the ball over, and you'll win a lot of games.

Yep. They remind me of the Fox's successful teams in Carolina. Limit mistakes, strong running game, conservative passing game (lots of short stuff) and have yourself in position to win in the fourth quarter. It's not very exciting football, but effective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom