bad reviews | another movie / tv thread (1 Viewer)

zeetes

carouser
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
disclaimer:
i'm not the sharpest when it comes to reading threads. i think we may have one similar, but i can't find it.

anyway, watching "night school" for the third time, i can't understand the bad reviews. one of the movies closest to the 80s awesomeness of finding yourself, and no, not just your genitals.

what have you watched that you ask yourself the same question? fork people and their reviews.

I think Iron Man 3 is a good movie but I hated that they ruined the Mandarin. They built him up to be the best villain the MCU had seen and it turns out he's a comedy act. Now I thought Trevor was cool and funny but I'd rather he was the real Mandarin. But even with Trevor I still liked it.

I think Iron Man 3 is a good movie but I hated that they ruined the Mandarin. They built him up to be the best villain the MCU had seen and it turns out he's a comedy act. Now I thought Trevor was cool and funny but I'd rather he was the real Mandarin. But even with Trevor I still liked it.
i'd have to agree. good call.

disclaimer:
i'm not the sharpest when it comes to reading threads. i think we may have one similar, but i can't find it.

anyway, watching "night school" for the third time, i can't understand the bad reviews. one of the movies closest to the 80s awesomeness of finding yourself, and no, not just your genitals.

what have you watched that you ask yourself the same question? fork people and their reviews.

The Promise. It was a very moving film in many ways, plus it's based on a true story. Incredible movie in my book.

Ok I'm probably not going to get a lot of support for this, but I really liked the Wachowski's Speed Racer. Sure it was corny and some of the acting was a little stiff, but to me it really captured the spirit of the cartoon. It was imaginative, fast, and the colors really popped on the screen.
And the transitions were just so creative and kinetic. Just watch this fight scene:

No, it's not a masterpiece but it's really good for what they were trying to do.

I never pay attention to reviews, so I can really tell... I guess about the only one I can think up is Kingdom of Heaven, which had really bad reviews when it was released because they butchered it for the theatrical release, but the Director's Cut is awesome.

So I was actually having a Rotten Tomatoes conversation with my friend earlier, so I had looked some up earlier.
Couple’s Retreat
Bad Boys 2 - really most popcorn movies in general
Boondock Saints
Space Jam

this movie was cool. The critics were wrong.

I absolutely hated this movie. Lol. Didn't need a single critic to tell me it was awful. Lol.

I actually remember a guy calling into a talk show where Cruise was a guest and asked him what the heck was wrong with him for doing this movie. Being a Ton Cruise fan, I thought it was a rather fair question. Lolol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom