Saints Baldinger: "Alvin Kamara's insane footwork" (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
This reminds us of what we know about AK41: He's a unique talent (and weapon) for the Saints offense.

Drew Brees managing these weapons: CGM, Swiss Army Knife, AK41, top-5 offensive line, Jared Cook, Emmanuel Sanders... pick your poison. :ezbill:

Baldy does a great job in this analysis:

P.S.: We're gonna have to pay the man (AK41). I hope we are able to!

Footnote: Not a new vid; it was uploaded 8 mos. ago.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
This reminds us of what we know about AK41: He's a unique talent (and weapon) for the Saints offense.

Drew Brees managing these weapons: CGM, Swiss Army Knife, AK41, top-5 offensive line, Jared Cook, Emmanuel Sanders... pick your poison. :ezbill:

Baldy does a great job in this analysis:

P.S.: We're gonna have to pay the man (AK41). I hope we are able to!

Footnote: Not a new vid; it was uploaded 8 mos. ago.

:gosaints:

A lot of people are saying let him walk or he'll be playing somewhere else when his contract is up but you can bet that he would be a HUGE loss if he walked.

He is a very unique and dynamic talent and those are not easy to find. When he is fully healthy (which he wasn't for most of last season) he is as good as any back or play maker in the NFL!!

the way some have talked about AK here you would think that videos of that level of play must be from a couple of years ago and not the past season. Lots of speculation on what happened late in the season but the only thing that makes sense is lingering injury. It makes no sense that he would willfully give less than 100 percent when everything he does is part of a resume for his next job, which is what a next contract is. I would expect with the off season of healing and more depth and continuity on the line, we will see him return to form and keep building that resume.

AK is one heck of a weapon. Got to credit Payton for how he uses him, also. He gets the most out of weapons by putting them in favorable positions. I’m not sure what kind of contract he’ll demand, but it’s going to be a lot if he has another great season. I’m not sweating it too much, though. History has shown that we just don’t pay RBs huge contracts. Could he be the exception? I think so, but I could also see us not willing to pay quite what he demands. Either way, I hope he has a big year.

YOU PAY AK at this point their are 2 players we must build around Kamara and CGM!
Oline is elite for the next 5 years,even without Drew this D with Winston or Teddy can win it justwould be harder on coaches without Brees

However when speaking of weapons Idk why people seem to be leaving Murray out the he will have a larger role this year , he had 180 last year which wasn’t enough , Murray will have 200+ touches this year somewhere around 180 rushes and 25-30 catches mark it .

Kamara will still be featured 75+ catches 180-200 rushes

Mike T - 125+ Catches
Sanders-70+ Catches
Cook- 55-65 Catches
Taysom - 50 + Rushes/ 20-25 Catches / 10-15 Passes
Smith - 35-40 Catches

Yes, please, please pay him. He was averaging 100 yards and a TD per game before his injury.

Kamara is not a lead back but he is a featured playmaker no offense, as long as we have a couple backs who can grind it out and spell Kamara he should/will have a long career in NO.

Idk why people seem to be leaving Murray out
Probably has something to do with this guy in the visor...

WhiteFreshHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

But I entirely agree, Murray definitely deserves 200+ touches (Ingram's old share) as opposed to Ingram's carries being split in half with Murray getting half and the other half getting thrown on top of Kamara's already increased workload.

I'm just not sure if he will get to 180 this year though because of Payton. Last year Payton's hand was forced and he was able to rack up 48 carries in 2 games without Kamara, but still only ended up averaging 7 carries/game through other 14 games of the season.

If he were to play all 16 games, he'd need to average 11.25 carries/game to reach 180 for the year and I just don't see Payton sticking with the run that hard and if he does, it's more than likely going to be Kamara getting the totes unless he misses significant time like he did last year.

He's amazing. But don't ride him too hard early on. We have other weapons.

If he's healthy in the post-season, we'll win another Superbowl.
This.
Kamara is not a lead back but he is a featured playmaker no offense, as long as we have a couple backs who can grind it out and spell Kamara he should/will have a long career in NO.
Also this. We keep trying to run him through a brick wall when we don't need to and it's handicapping our offense. Let the battering rams do battering ram things and let Kamara do Kamara things.

However when speaking of weapons Idk why people seem to be leaving Murray out the he will have a larger role this year , he had 180 last year which wasn’t enough , Murray will have 200+ touches this year somewhere around 180 rushes and 25-30 catches mark it .

It was almost criminal the way Murray was used (or wasn't used) last season.

146 carries?????.....................................................are you kidding me???

There were times that I wanted to slap Sean Payton for forcing the ball to an obviously less than 100% Kamara while Murray rode the bench!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom