Baldinger VERY impressed with McCoy (short video clip study) (1 Viewer)

Being an OL guy, I'm happy to hear this, especially from Baldy. We have to keep this line together, even if it means letting 1-2 pretty good "skill" players walk. Players like Armstead, Peat, McCoy, Worford, and Ram are much harder to find.
This!^ :9:
If you can't control the trenches, you can't win. It all starts with these guys!

Being an OL guy, I'm happy to hear this, especially from Baldy. We have to keep this line together, even if it means letting 1-2 pretty good "skill" players walk. Players like Armstead, Peat, McCoy, Worford, and Ram are much harder to find.

I totally agree except maybe not so much with Peat. I think we could find a similar Guard, but he gives us the peace of mind of knowing that when Armstead goes down we'll be alright.

Investing in the O Line is about as safe of an investment as you're going to see in the NFL.

This is music to my ears!!!!!! Now we just need the oline to get through camp and the preseason healthy.....

Thanks OP, I like the way Baldinger breaks down individual O linemen. He's as good at showing what's going on with linemen as Jawarski used to be with QBs.

I want 5 bullies up there blocking for DB and AK. I want em tossing grown men around like trashmen do trash bags. I enjoy watching Oline play like that.

I want 5 bullies up there blocking for DB and AK. I want em tossing grown men around like trashmen do trash bags. I enjoy watching Oline play like that.

Well McCoy definitely looked like a bully in those clips. He was moving the men in front of him 5 yards off the los. And he was kinda making it look easy. He was coming off the ball like a bull.

People have been talking about McCoy playing better than Unger did last season. I thought that was probably just some wishful thinking but after seeing that it doesn't seem far fetched at all. This young bull might actually improve the line. Especially the run game.

Last edited:
Unger is a true professional in knowing when to say when, unlike Olin Kreutz who stayed too long and talked smack when he left.

McCoy looked great and I thought Easton played well too. Easton hasn’t been very good throughout his career, but I don’t feel there will be much of a drop off if Peat were to miss time or get moved to LT if Armstead goes down.

6FEC839F-9C36-479E-9354-80F138905CFD.jpeg now that's a beautiful thing !
What wasn't beautiful about that play is that once Line was engaged with blocking the defender, the guy rolled over to reach for the runner and Zach fell on him, which is what brought on the holding flag and called back the touchdown. There was no intention to hold, but it cost us a score and we later had to settle for a fieldgoal. Grrrr...

What wasn't beautiful about that play is that once Line was engaged with blocking the defender, the guy rolled over to reach for the runner and Zach fell on him, which is what brought on the holding flag and called back the touchdown. There was no intention to hold, but it cost us a score and we later had to settle for a fieldgoal. Grrrr...

I have to agree with you and in fact, I still don’t see how that’s a hold. Even after watching the replay a couple times... I’m failing to see where Zach held him off from making a play on the ball. That was a dominant play that got called back for no reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom