Baldur's Gate 3 - and here I didn't think E3 had anything for me. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

It seems isometric RPGs are the gaming red headed stepchildren around here, but this one tightens my pants a little. I don't think the Divinity games are worth the critical hype they get, but they are a capable successor to the BG games, and I think these guys have it in them to do a capable sequel.

We should know for sure during the Google Stadia announcement in 20 minutes, but the talk is this is happening.

i don't know anything about Baldur's Gate but the Stadia looks like it will be a steaming pile of crap

I am beyond hyped about this. My favorite RPG series of all time. And Larian is the only studio I think that can do justice by it. 20 years I've been waiting and I think WotC definitely picked the right people for the job.

Probably about time to get this thread warmed up. I haven’t played any of the Baldurs gate or D&D games…but I love fantasy. This is really intriguing. I also haven’t played many turn based games. They have announced 17000 different endings? Mind blown. Over 130 hours of cinematic? Again…mind blown.

I think I’m doing to buy. Even if I don’t love the game…the production undertaking looks Zelda level here…and that has to be commended.

so, is this an action rpg? turn based? Diablo style button spam??

also, i was right about the Stadia :hihi:
I’d be lying if I said about this new iteration. The last one I played was twenty years ago and Diablo style.

Highly recommend Divinity Original Sin 2 for anyone interested in this game. It's actually pretty great on switch
I’d never heard of it, after reading the metacritic write ups on it I may try it. High praise.

so, is this an action rpg? turn based? Diablo style button spam??
it appears that you move around/explore like diablo, but the combat is turn based rpg. More tactical, like xcom. You can also pan and zoom the camera around

it appears that you move around/explore like diablo, but the combat is turn based rpg. More tactical, like xcom. You can also pan and zoom the camera around
I’d try DOS2 if I don’t already plan to buy Baldurs Gate 3 on release. I don’t have enough time for both, and I’m still trying to work through TOTK

thanks, i hate it

I’d try DOS2 if I don’t already plan to buy Baldurs Gate 3 on release. I don’t have enough time for both, and I’m still trying to work through TOTK
I would agree with this. Divinity is a huge time sink and you can always come back to it. That said, add it to your wishlist. There are great sales and you can pick it up and save it.

These days I rarely buy games on release. Between my steam account and epic store backlog, by the time I get around to it, BG4 might be out hah

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom