BALDY BREAKDOWN - Carolina ran the same zone blitzes THREE TIMES in a row.(Update- WWL Deuce talks about the plays) (1 Viewer)

This exposes our need for a TE…If we had a TE who could stay in and block and release kamara or vice versa it would easily beat this blitz.

This is so out of character that it’s almost impossible for me to be concerned. Given that McCoy was out and our coaches, I’m going to think that it’s a one-off performance until I’m proven otherwise.

True, but McCoy was also out the the last 3 quarters of the first game and the O-line did well. I felt like Payton called a really poor game. The O-line and Winston were pretty week as well.

True, but McCoy was also out the the last 3 quarters of the first game and the O-line did well. I felt like Payton called a really poor game. The O-line and Winston were pretty week as well.
How many coaches were out with Covid? I think that had a bigger impact than almost anything else. The staff was probably scrambling to keep up with what was going on compared to normal.

How do you watch that and still blaming the players?
Yeah... It's very harsh to assign erregious blame when the team just doesn't look prepared at all

Especially with McCoy out. What's Winston gonna do anyway? Tell ruiz Double A Zone Blitzes and Ruiz... So ummm... I'll just not block this guy and everyone else just figure it out.
Break!

Whole situation is just FUBAR.

On the third one peat and ruiz block nobody and the blitzer runs right between them. That's about as bad as it gets.

Yeah... It's very harsh to assign erregious blame when the team just doesn't look prepared at all

Especially with McCoy out. What's Winston gonna do anyway? Tell ruiz Double A Zone Blitzes and Ruiz... So ummm... I'll just not block this guy and everyone else just figure it out.
Break!

Whole situation is just FUBAR.
Yep all N.O can do is dust themselves off and be ready for NE. Hopefully Saints take advantage of facing a Rookie QB and a team that doesnt have a real good ground game.

N.O just gotta make sure they commit no turnovers. B.B is the king of making you pay for turnovers.

How many coaches were out with Covid? I think that had a bigger impact than almost anything else. The staff was probably scrambling to keep up with what was going on compared to normal.
Oh i agree. The coaches was the biggest issue.

There was some blaming Winston for not calling out assignments, but on that 3rd blitz, Ruiz couldn't just assume to block the only guy that was in front of him?

Is blocking really that difficult?

It looked like Carolina was in "catch up mode" on All Madden level with how bad those blocks were being missed.

So, with McCoy out, but the coaches back, who will be setting the protection at the line this weekend?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom