Saints #BaldysBreakdowns - Trey Hendrickson (1 Viewer)

It’s players like Hendrickson who exceed their draft status that bring success. Hard work, lunch pail type guys. It’s especially cool when we’re the team that drafted him.

Yeah but that’s the thing, and Baldinger even said in his videos: he’s not a “hard work, lunch pail type guy”, he’s an athletic freak. 4.2 second 20-yard shuttle, fastest 60 yard of any DE in his class. Everyone got hung up on him being not huge and having arms on the shorter side for his position and being white that they missed he has insane attributes with regards to power and agility.

He was a third round pick even though he went to a small school and didn’t have certain prototype measurables in part because his athletic attributes were so strong. I promise you (and Bruce “easiest guy to block” Arians as well) that this guy isn’t tied for the sack lead because he’s Jeff Charleston 2.0 who just got lucky. It’s because he’s a freak.

Last edited:
I believe that if the Saints think Hendrickson is as talented as his production, they will make re-signing him a priority and will find a way to get it done.

He’s been great. Waited til his contract year for the light to truly come on, and now we have a dilemma. You hate to let him go, but I don’t think he was in our future plans before this monster season. Not sure how this will be handled, but he’s earning himself a fat payday. Just not sure we have a fat paycheck to give.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom