Saints #BaldysBreakdowns - Trey Hendrickson (1 Viewer)

Yeah but thatā€™s the thing, and Baldinger even said in his videos: heā€™s not a ā€œhard work, lunch pail type guyā€, heā€™s an athletic freak. 4.2 second 20-yard shuttle, fastest 60 yard of any DE in his class. Everyone got hung up on him being not huge and having arms on the shorter side for his position and being white that they missed he has insane attributes with regards to power and agility.

He was a third round pick even though he went to a small school and didnā€™t have certain prototype measurables in part because his athletic attributes were so strong. I promise you (and Bruce ā€œeasiest guy to blockā€ Arians as well) that this guy isnā€™t tied for the sack lead because heā€™s Jeff Charleston 2.0 who just got lucky. Itā€™s because heā€™s a freak.

What do you call a lunch pail type of guy who is also gifted athletically? Apparently you call him T Rex.

Hendrickson started to be noticed at Senior Bowl week. At that time he showed his athletic abilities, but also, was very raw. Daniel Jeremiah was very high on him if I remember correctly.

That is the reason he got drafted until the third round.

Today he is a different player, he has put a lot of work and has learned to correctly play the position. That is the big difference.

I like Hendrickson a lot and hope he stays. He has to realize that part of his success comes from not only the coaches, but the fellow defensive linemen that help him get results.

He is a good player, but he is not the kind of player that will dominate by himself if he goes to a team with lesser talent at the defensive line.

Is it just me or were they being gentle" with Brady???

Also...

(being greedy here), why do the Saints get so few Sack-Strip-Fumbles???

(Even when they do strip the ball, they don't recover them.)
Being gentle - yes, I think we got 2 or 3 roughing the passer penalties during the first game. Brady gets the benefit of doubt with refs.

Sack fumbles - just bad luck

Savor the flavor, because T-Rex is getting PAID next offseason... and the cash-strapped Saints wonā€™t be able to afford him unless they do something crazy and drastic.

Maybe they can Franchise him and trade him... otherwise, itā€™s a 3rd round compensatory at best

Heā€™s been great. Waited til his contract year for the light to truly come on, and now we have a dilemma. You hate to let him go, but I donā€™t think he was in our future plans before this monster season. Not sure how this will be handled, but heā€™s earning himself a fat payday. Just not sure we have a fat paycheck to give.
I disagree. You do not let a player like Hendrickson get away, especially after he has consistently improved by working hard and becoming one of the top edge defenders in the league. Plus, they dont have to pay Davenport right away after next year. They can franchise him one year and see if they want to sign him long term.

I disagree. You do not let a player like Hendrickson get away, especially after he has consistently improved by working hard and becoming one of the top edge defenders in the league. Plus, they dont have to pay Davenport right away after next year. They can franchise him one year and see if they want to sign him long term.

The problem is, look across our roster at all the players who will soon be due big contracts. Weā€™re at the point where good/great players will hit FA and we wonā€™t be able to afford them all, especially when they command top money for their position. Just the reality of having 4 great drafts in a row. Tough decisions will be coming.

I didn't see this one posted anywhere. Well-deserved praise for Trey!

From the vault several weeks ago. Needed to bump this baby to remind some of how much of a beast T-Rex has been this season.

Baldy also points out the shuttle speeds Hendrickson had a the combine. Baldy said T-Rex had "ELITE SPEED" for a defensive end.

Chris... posted yet another gem! :ezbill:

:gosaints:

Bruce Arians said he's the easiest guy on the field to block, so no worries for the Bucs.
Baldy knows a thing or two about Line play. It sure doesn't look like Hendrikson is very easy to block. If he really said this, it's bulletin board material

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom