Ballhawks Needed (1 Viewer)

4 INTs/1 INT

3 INTs/1 INT

3 INTs/0 INTs

4 INTs/6 INTs

1 INT/2 INTs

Just for reference....Harper had 2 picks and Jenkins had 1

I think that the idea that INTs make you a good safety is way overblown. The bills had some good safeties too...how'd they do?

If you think that Moore and decoud are better than our safeties you're sorely mistaken. Moore and decoud led the league in missed tackles per attempt for all DBs

Do you believe that ANY OC in the NFL has to worry about the Saints' safeties, when game-planning ?
Does Harper strike fear into the hearts of any QB like an Ed Reed, Woodson or Polamalu ?

Doubt it.

Do you believe that ANY OC in the NFL has to worry about the Saints' safeties, when game-planning ?
Does Harper strike fear into the hearts of any QB like an Ed Reed, Woodson or Polamalu ?

Doubt it.

They all have a front seven in front of them doing their jobs and making their lives much easier too, can't say the same for our safeties. Also, those aren't very realistic comparisons because these 3 are likely going to the HOF. Let Harper and Jenkins only have to make 60-70 tackles a season and watch their production soar.

If you think Harper is a Ballhawk then you cannot be reasoned with.

Safeties that are Ballhawks are batting balls, baiting QB's, lining the DB's up. So much more than INT's only.

Lol you want me to compare passes defensed?

The hate on our guys is completely unwarranted...especially when you can only come up with "ball hawking" as the only reason they are terrible

Lol you want me to compare passes defensed?

The hate on our guys is completely unwarranted...especially when you can only come up with "ball hawking" as the only reason they are terrible

I met Jenkins at UPS one day. Guy is smart and personable. He played really well in 09 under the wing of Sharper. He continued playing well in 2010 with Sharper. However, once Sharper left, his progress stopped.

Harper played really well in 06 until his injury and from then until GW showed up, he was unimpressive.

In both cases, these are good guys and hard workers, but they don't have 'it' !
They don't have the instincts of Sharper, Reed, Polamalu, Woodson, Goldson, et cetera.

Don't confuse my longing for a Ballhawk in our secondary with hatred.
That's not me.

We have horrible safeties. Pass Rush blah blah blah. There were times last year when we did have a pass rush and the safeties were still getting abused. We should have never given Harper that contract.

I wouldn't skip over our clear nead of a consistant pass rush. And we did give Harper that contract. We all know we shouldn't have given Harper that contract... but we did.

i think our safeties could benefit from working with the wide outs during hand drills. theyve dropped quite a few ints over the years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom