Baltimore Colts @ Cleveland Ravens? (1 Viewer)

Still think the NFL needs to adopt the NCAA OT rules. It's ridiculous to think a team gets to win a game because of a coin flip and the other team never gets to touch the ball.

Still think the NFL needs to adopt the NCAA OT rules. It's ridiculous to think a team gets to win a game because of a coin flip and the other team never gets to touch the ball.
They already changed the OT rules to move away from sudden death to the current structure because of the Saints.

The current NFL system produces really close to 50% results (I think it’s 51% coin flip winner wins right now).

Since the results are about as close to fair as they are going to get, I take the boxing/MMA view: if you don’t like how the judges score a contest, don’t let the fight go to a decision.

The Colts got hosed on the lateral play
I mentioned this a bunch of posts ago, but it actually wound up helping the Colts that the TD wasn't allowed because they were able to run more time off the clock with having to go on a drive to eventually score the TD.

It essentially took more time away from the Ravens for their comeback, which they did anyway.

Baltimore Colts @ Cleveland Ravens?​

I always wonder what this is like for fans who lost and regained a franchise.

Did the old Baltimore Colts fans follow the Colts to Indy? Did Browns fans follow the old Browns to Baltimore? Such a weird dynamic.
No Browns fan that I know followed them to Baltimore. In fact, Modell was afraid to come back to Cleveland because of death threats. Then you add in a couple of Superbowls and I'm not sure there is a more hated man in American History.

No Browns fan that I know followed them to Baltimore. In fact, Modell was afraid to come back to Cleveland because of death threats. Then you add in a couple of Superbowls and I'm not sure there is a more hated man in American History.
My friends from the Cleveland area support your statement wholeheartedly. It's worse than our hate for the Commish.

I mentioned this a bunch of posts ago, but it actually wound up helping the Colts that the TD wasn't allowed because they were able to run more time off the clock with having to go on a drive to eventually score the TD.

It essentially took more time away from the Ravens for their comeback, which they did anyway.
I agree, it’s just the how the TD was scored that made it more exciting than them marching down the field inevitably and scoring anyway. I think if they had let that TD stand, it would have deflated the Ravens way more and possibly not led to a comeback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom