Bama's New Offensive Coordinator (1 Viewer)

David Carr 4,839 yards 344/533 46 TDs 9 INTs
2007 QBs 2712 yards 215/343 15 TDs 5 INTs
2007 total offense 5454 so the 2007 offense had 615 more yards than Carr did passing but yes they improved.

You missed the point. The point was that he improved the offense from last year. And if he improved the offense that is CAPABLE of putting up the numbers that it did when Carr was there, then Bama made a good hire.

You missed the point. The point was that he improved the offense from last year. And if he improved the offense that is CAPABLE of putting up the numbers that it did when Carr was there, then Bama made a good hire.

But it didn't Carr's passing yards alone almost totaled the 2007 offense. Bringing up Carr only makes your arguement look worse.

:shrug:
I pointed out that McElwain ran Pat Hill's offense. Nothing more or less :) You're the one who got horribly insulted by that. I guess you didn't know that before? Or maybe you didn't want anyone else to know? I have no idea.

Good luck with Fresno State's quarterback coach. :9:
bearbryantgk2.jpg

Well until Ole Miss gets 10 TOTAL VICTORIES in their series with Alabama I guess I will just have to trust the Alabama head coach knows what he is doing. But once Ole Miss breaks that barrier maybe I'll start to listen to your suggestions. How many more years do you think you will need? And at least our offensive coordinator has worked on a regulation sized field over the past 3 years. Hope Nutt explains to your OC that the field isn't quite as long as he is used to. But I guess you know all about having an offensive coordinator who is only going to run his head coaches offense.

By the way that is one helluva tattoo. I don't really know what the point was in you posting it, but it looks nice. It's weird that someone who wasn't even alive when Bear Bryant was coaching would be so knowledgable about his exploits. Especially someone who hates Alabama. You must have a lot of time on your hands. By the way, weren't you the one who lauded the signing of Jason David in your reports from training camp last year? Your credibility in scouting is undeniable.

Last edited:
But it didn't Carr's passing yards alone almost totaled the 2007 offense. Bringing up Carr only makes your arguement look worse.

The argument is that McElwain improved on an already established offense. He must know how to do something especially when the Head Coach of the team he is leaving is giving him the credit for their turnaround.

The argument is that McElwain improved on an already established offense. He must know how to do something especially when the Head Coach of the team he is leaving is giving him the credit for their turnaround.

What do you want Hill to say? That McElwain sucks and nearly ruined the program? Come on. The coaching fraternity protects its own.

Well until Ole Miss gets 10 TOTAL VICTORIES in their series with Alabama I guess I will just have to trust the Alabama head coach knows what he is doing. But once Ole Miss breaks that barrier maybe I'll start to listen to your suggestions. How many more years do you think you will need? And at least our offensive coordinator has worked on a regulation sized field over the past 3 years. Hope Nutt explains to your OC that the field isn't quite as long as he is used to. But I guess you know all about having an offensive coordinator who is only going to run his head coaches offense.

:hihi: Bama fans trip me out
bamalargehq9.jpg

:hihi: Bama fans trip me out
bamalargehq9.jpg

Why? Because we are excited about the direction our program is heading? Feel free to kick us while we are down now, because I guarantee you it won't last much longer. This is the first TRUE recruiting class for Saban at Bama and if it is any indication of things to come, then Bama is certainly heading in the right direction. Granted, recruiting rankings don't translate to victories but it sure helps when your talent level is upgraded. You may not want to admit it, but all of you LSU fans know what I'm talking about.

Why? Because we are excited about the direction our program is heading? Feel free to kick us while we are down now, because I guarantee you it won't last much longer. This is the first TRUE recruiting class for Saban at Bama and if it is any indication of things to come, then Bama is certainly heading in the right direction. Granted, recruiting rankings don't translate to victories but it sure helps when your talent level is upgraded. You may not want to admit it, but all of you LSU fans know what I'm talking about.

When you say "headed in the right direction," do you mean probation? :ezbill: Honestly, I think Bama is still two seasons away from fielding a top team.

When you say "headed in the right direction," do you mean probation? :ezbill: Honestly, I think Bama is still two seasons away from fielding a top team.

I feel the same way. However, if the coaches hold an open tryout for the QB position instead of handing the reigns to JPW like they did this year (which happened only because Nick Fanuzzi was a true freshmen, I've heard he is head and shoulders above JPW) then I think they will improve on offense. Defensively, we have some kids coming in this year's recruiting class who can help immediately but the biggest challenge we had last year was finding a true nose guard to plug in our 3-4 defensive scheme. We have two recruits who fit that bill, one being a JUCO. 2009 should be good barometer of the status of the program.

Sure didn't hear Les Miles uphold that fraternity pact once Nick Saban was hired at Alabama.

Miles never even coached with Saban. I'm sure his dislike for Saban has something to do with all the negative recruiting Saban's been doing in Louisiana, along with using former LSU players to recruit Louisiana players to Bama.

Anyway, that's a subpar hire, especially for one of the most prestigious programs in the SEC.

Whatever happened to Gary Crowton, Norm Chow, and Steve Sarkisian? They must be heartbroken for not being called up to Bama for the job opportunity of a lifetime!

Interesting indeed, but not surprising. At least not to LSU fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom