Band with the Best Debut Album (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, it's opinion time once again.
Rather than try to make a thread featuring just one particular genre, I'd like to know which band/group you feel had the best debut album on their way to popularity & fame in the music industry.

I'm not a huge fan of them anymore but I would have to say Van Halen. That record got worn out a lot in the last 70's early 80's.....
Yes, I did to Van Halen's debut album the same thing I did to Boston's album. Since I had these on audio cassette, they were played until I wore the magnetic coating off of them. Both were amazing debuts! :9:

Licensed to Ill - Beastie Boys

I can't judge all time, but I can judge my time. Limited though my exposure was the album was transformative in my appreciation of music. The fusion of rap and metal worked for me and many others as Rolling Stone rates it #1 as well.

In a sad way, it was too successful as all following albums had too much expectation.

In a sad way, it was too successful as all following albums had too much expectation.
This is true of lots of really good bands.
That's why it takes a great group who can constantly reinvent themselves & produce good music to be able to stand the test of time... especially after opening with an amazing debut album.

Ramones was great

EDIT: I remember in the documentary someone (I think Legs McNeil) saying when the debut album came out it made half of his album collection obsolete.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom