Bands that just.....ROCK (1 Viewer)

All of them. The latest two are perhaps the most complete albums.

1994 Passive Restraints / 1993 Transnational Speedway League - First two releases, a bit less refined than later albums.

1995 Clutch - first album fitting of the name, second youtube is off this, I would link Spacegrass too but there's a GGW a couple minutes in.

1998 The Elephant Riders - first one I bought so I'm biased, a bit overproduced in some areas but almost all the tracks are good.

2000 Jam Room - self released, some of my favorite tracks but a bit eclectic.

2001 Pure Rock Fury - I didn't care for the production on this one much, still a decent album though.

2003 Live at the Googolplex - Live/new/unreleased, made for fans who need more.

2003 Slow Hole to China - Self release, studio version of unreleased songs, some good songs but not the best cohesion.

2004 Blast Tyrant - First youtube is off this, Mob Goes Wild also, one of my favorite albums.

2005 Robot Hive / Exodus - Similar sound to BT with added keyboard, Burning Beard is off it but not my favorite of the CD, another good release.

Lyrics/everything Clutch can be found at http://pro-rock.com/v6/main.html

thanks severum....i usually go spend a 50 bucks a week at best buy on music, games, or dvds...this is a music week....

on a nother note, the more i listen to tool's "10,000 days" the more i reminded of how good they really are....i was kind of down on them with laterlus, but i have listened to it more intently the last few times as well and changed my opinion.....

tool = teh awesome

Whoever wrote this song is pure genius.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2M5kF99bRo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2M5kF99bRo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Metal edition:

someone here listed Protest the Hero-I concur.

Also: (less extreme)
Between the Buried and Me
The Human Abstract
Misery Signals
Ligiea
Starkweather
Misery Inc
Daylight Dies
Century
Everest

Extreme:
All Shall Perish
As Blood Runs Black
Insomnium
Misericordiam
Annal Nathrakh
I
Unexpect

some bands i've been listening too.

hatebreed
terror
blood for blood
killswitch engage
bleeding through

some older bands that rock (old to me)

RATM
poison the well
stabbing westward (chris' new band "the dreaming")
deftones

I could go on and on, but that narrows it down a little.

eric

To bring us in to this decade, here are some bands that I think ROCK that aren't necesarily heavy metal:

Wolfmother
Queens of the Stone Age
Corrosion of Conformity
Rose Hill Drive

therev

Happy to spread the word.

it's weird, i have heard of them but never actually listened to them.....i am really not very daring when it comes to finding new music.....i only buy albums from bands that i know for sure that i like....i never just go out and buy something that i have never heard.....that being said, i will buy their music for sure

BTW, he also let me check out non-point...they are pretty good as well

i bought "pitchforks and lost needles" and "robot hive/exodus" last week...it was the only two they had at best buy....both very good albums but different in their own rights...pitchforks is much heavier but they both rock yer face...it shows their versatility

Pretty much got the earliest (pitchfork+extras) and latest (rh/e) releases, other albums have elements of each as the sound evolved.

just got "pure rock fury"

:rock: :ylsuper: :Bandance: :guitare: :rock_band:

ordering "blast tyrant" now

bealesttooblivion.jpg

Coming 3/20...hopefully leaked sooner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom