Bands that just............ (1 Viewer)

Supagroup sucks; they are so cheesy they're on their way to being the next Cowboy Mouth.

Which reminds me: Cowboy Mouth. Now I know all you nice-job havin' types with your pressed blue jeans just love them and their "wacky" and "punky" sound, but man are they awful.

Minus the Bear, Bloc Party, 30 Seconds to Mars, and The Mars Volta

Check out the new Incubus cd for some good tunes.

Minus the Bear and The Mars Volta are both crazy talented, though I don't care for either a whole lot. I didn't really care for the new Incubus cd very much, either, as I had the chance to buy it today. I'm just not digging the sound with that Roots bassist. JMO.

Last edited:
RCS isn't getting any attention from me for awhile starting this thread, for sure!!

The Cure - Have you seen anyone dance to this type of music???? They look like they're having seizures in slow motion! They look like some kind of abstract painting that threw up.......plus, their music sux - no bass line, no rhythm, etc. Just weird

I am a rocker chick, but I can't stand Incubus, 311 or System of a Down..........

RCS isn't getting any attention from me for awhile starting this thread, for sure!!

The Cure - Have you seen anyone dance to this type of music???? They look like they're having seizures in slow motion! They look like some kind of abstract painting that threw up.......plus, their music sux - no bass line, no rhythm, etc. Just weird

I am a rocker chick, but I can't stand Incubus, 311 or System of a Down..........

hahahaha, I like The Cure, Incubus, and 311. :covri:

I hate System of a Down, though.

>>RCS isn't getting any attention from me for awhile starting this thread, for sure!!

But you don't count. I seem to remember you pimping a bunch of hairspray metal bands that sucked even before they sucked. Most of them sucked more than anything has ever sucked before. /butthead

TPS

Saw Cowboy Mouth at a Southern Comfort promotion i worked in Houston awhile back. They sucked but I liked there bus. The drummer plays one beat .

i have to agree with cowboy mouth...i have accidentally seen them at various festivals too many times.....the drummer just yells into a microphone a bunch of drunken babble that nobody understands....enough already

Justin Timberlake...though he isnt a band, he still counts as major suckage. Oh and Gwen Stefani...wow what a sellout. Anyone remember no doubt back in the day? Much better.

>>sorry old farts. U2 forever jumped the shark with the song Lemon. I dont know what is worse. That they have put the same record out for about 10 years, or that the American public continues to buy the exact same product every 2 to 3 years. Suck rope Bono.

It doesn't matter. They were relevant in the 80's and they are relevant in the 00's. They weren't particularly good (IMHO) before hooking up with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois and letting them finish the product for Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree. They got back with Eno on All that You Can't Leave Behind. But outside of those 3 albums and maybe War (and maybe Rattle and Hum since it was a decent concert), I don't really care for the rest of their work (Boy, October, "The Fly" era, etc.).

TPS

i don't know if they are still around, but buck cherry is one horrible band.....my ex dragged me to a lenny kravitz show at UNO a few years ago and buck cherry opened along with smashmouth(major suckage as well).....let me just say that buck cherry is on of the worst bands i have ever seen live

They been coasting along doing nothing interesting for > 10 years making songs for television commercials. They need to crawl into their rascal scooters and head for the retirement communities. Maybe Bono can woo some old ladies out of their Depends diapers. He is a creepy old guy. (U2)

>>i don't know if they are still around, but buck cherry is one horrible band.....my ex dragged me to a lenny kravitz show at UNO a few years ago and buck cherry opened along with smashmouth(major suckage as well).....let me just say that buck cherry is on of the worst bands i have ever seen live

They are and again popular with a "hit" (Hey, you're a crazy ***** but your bleep's so good, I'm on top of it. When I dream, I'm doin you all night...."

It's terrible. They are terrible. Awful. And you saw Smashmouth too? Man, it doesn't get much whiter than them. Aren't they the band that did "Hey, you're an allstar. Get your game on.." song? That was Worst. Song. Ever.

Dude, you might as well have been at an Audioslave concert. :shrug:

TPS

Mostly everything sucks. There's a lot of suckage out there, so I'll probably be visiting this thread from time to time. Specific suckage, though not musically as bad as bubble gum music, would go to bands like REO Speedwagon (especially post You Can Tune..), Journey (the Steve Perry era), Night Ranger and Loverboy. How those bands got their popularity (particularly for any guys who would admit to liking them) is beyond me. Especially Loverboy and REO. I mean, really. You might have gotten some action to some of that stuff....:shrug:

TPS

Heh, I was going to disagree with you as to REO and some Journey until I got to that last part. Yeah, you're right...I just have good memories to certain songs they sing.

For me, I hate alternative rock. I just do. You may like it. I hate it. It is whiney. I like guitar solos. I like keyboard solos. You don't get that with alternative. As one of my associates said, "you just want to put the letter 'i' back into band." Yes...yes I do.

sandman,

just curious how you define "alternative"...to me, it's a very broad label like "pop".....many bands are considered "alternative" that are in fact just simply nothing more than rock....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom