Bands that just............ (2 Viewers)

just for reference to further relay my points, here's the credits to cinderella's "night songs" album. the aspects you probably hate are sometimes likely credited to someone else, not the band. this is all the business aspects, a result of the "buying public's perceptions" and "marketing" which have no business in the creative world.

<table id="ExpansionTable1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:wxfrxqujldde')"><td class="sorted-cell"> Barry Bennedetta</td> <td class="cell"> Guitar </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:jifexqw5ldde')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Jon Bon Jovi</td> <td class="cell"> Vocals (bckgr) </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:3cfqxq85ldae')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Eric Brittingham</td> <td class="cell"> Bass, Vocals </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:dpfqxqlhldhe')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> George Corsillo</td> <td class="cell"> Design </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:dvfuxqt5ldse')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Jody Cortez</td> <td class="cell"> Drums </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:jvfpxqt5ldte')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Fred Coury</td> <td class="cell"> Drums </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:wbfrxq95ldde')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Nick DiDia</td> <td class="cell"> Assistant Engineer </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:wifexq80ldje')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Dave Glover</td> <td class="cell"> Assistant Engineer </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:3xfrxqthldse')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Joe Hauserman</td> <td class="cell"> Assistant Engineer </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:wjfrxq95ldfe')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Andy Johns</td> <td class="cell"> Producer, Engineer </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:djfoxqq5ldte')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Tom Keifer</td> <td class="cell"> Guitar, Piano, Vocals </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:ajfixqr5ldde')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Jeff LaBar</td> <td class="cell"> Guitar, Vocals </td></tr><tr class="highlight" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:fpfixqwhldae')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Bill Levy</td> <td class="cell"> Art Direction </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:fcfrxqygldje')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Bill Mattson</td> <td class="cell"> Vocals (bckgr) </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:difqxqegldke')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Mark McKenna</td> <td class="cell"> Assistant Engineer </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:gifyxqtgldhe')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Tony Mills</td> <td class="cell"> Vocals (bckgr) </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:j9fuxq85ldde')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Jeff Paris</td> <td class="cell"> Keyboards </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:0vfexqlhldae')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Emily Pember</td> <td class="cell"> Artwork </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:wifexqlhldje')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Mark Weiss</td> <td class="cell"> Photography </td></tr><tr class="visible" id="trlink" onclick="z('11:jzfyxqygldhe')"> <td class="sorted-cell"> Paul Wertheimer</td> <td class="cell"> Assistant Engineer</td></tr></tbody></table>

Cinderella gets a bad rap because of their glam image, but they had a home in the blues. Their albums became more bluesy and their image was muted over the course of their next 2-3 releases.

Yup. They are every single bad rock cliche -- lyrically, vocally, musically, aesthetically, etc. -- rolled up into one sucky bundle.

I will agree on most of that, but most bands these days are all the same, like Red Jumpsuit, AFI, Red, Linkin Park.

I will also agree that Radiohead, I just don't get as to why they are so "great".. they are boring! :dunno:

Last edited:
Cinderella was a good band that did fall into the wrong hands. Jon Bon Jovi. I couldn't believe that the drummer couldn't even lay down his own tracks. They had to use Bon Jovi's.

I saw Cinderella open up for Priest (Long Cold Winter / Ram it Down) and they kicked butt, but I heard many problems within the drummer's technique. His timing wasn't good.

There are so many crappy bands out there now. But Rage Against the Machine is definitly not one of those bands. The music they make, and the message they send is like no other.

Some Crappy Bands........
Greenday
U2
ALL hair metal bands
The Beatles
Fall Out Boy
New Found Glory
ALL 80's and 90's punk
Dream theater
Hinder
METALLICA (thats right I said it)
disturbed
NICKELBACK

God I could go on forever

Disturbed is not bad at all. They aren't great technical musicians, but they use intriguing elements of noise (much like an industrial band) and have some intense lyrics.

Nickelback just reeks of teh...

"everybody in the west wing..........ahawoahawoahaaaah!!!!!"

Seriously? intense lyrics?

"everybody in the west wing..........ahawoahawoahaaaah!!!!!"

Seriously? intense lyrics?

Well, ok you are right. That one line above negates the dozens of songs about child abuse, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, megalomania, paranoia, lust, spiritual confusion, distrust, denial (of self, of truth), political frustration, war...etc.

:9:

Well, ok you are right. That one line above negates the dozens of songs about child abuse, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, megalomania, paranoia, lust, spiritual confusion, distrust, denial (of self, of truth), political frustration, war...etc.

but, he's talking about the radio stuff man....and we all know the radio stuff is a band's best work:shrug:

/sarcasmobvious

yada yada yada. his whole lyrical pattern and metaphors are quite weak. Disturbed is a garbage band. from the music to the lyrics.

Ok, i was going to post a couple of examples. but as i read through these lyrics i get more and more upset that people actually like this ****.

If it's your taste and style. more power to you.

well then, please do enlighten us about music, since we obviously don't know anything

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom