Bands that just............ (1 Viewer)

RiverCitySaint

Nerf herder
Reaction score
Suck.

We all want to discuss them and post their shame here in this forum. Don't be shy now and tell the class who you think sucks canal water. They can be national or local acts. I have got to get this off my chest so I'll start:

1. Local band from Austin, Slider.
Who do theye yahoos think they are, trying to sound like mid-90's quasi-death metal meets grass roots ? Dang, you can't even understand a WORD he sings, the "music" is all in 4 to 4 beat....pause......4 to 4.......pause........... terrible. Please visit their web site and tell them to hang up the guitars and neck ties and do the rest of us poor down trodden guys a favor and no longer subject us with their yeeeeeeeech !

2. Seether.
See a trend here ? Yet another group of boys trying to growl and howl their ways in to infamy. Again, the problem is simple: These kiddos are trying to add their own spice to what many call metal, but shamefully they cannot. In fact I dare say they border on (is this possible?) emo-metal, much like :

3. Hinder.
Yeah, "Lips of an angel" was a cool song say, the first 9,000 times I heard it, but as soon as it went mainstream it destroyed all fondness. I listened to several of their other songs off that album and found them to be, again, post emo-metal-lets-try-to-bring-it-back-to-angst-ridden 14 to 17 year olds.
One good point about them is their name, in that they are doing it do their careers. Look me up in 3 years guys. Join Creed.

I know I am really going to catch it for this, but it needs to be talked about. Who do y'all REALLY dislike? Rant here and lets save rock !

Tia, I don't want to hear it. Not tonight.

emo bands without a doubt suck.....along with whiny punk pop bands like blink 182 and the like

and of course, primus sucks

I'm going to have to say Audioslave and RATM.;)

That's just for you Pop. Really, I'm not a big fan of them, but I don't think they are bad, just not what I like.

Anyway, it would be easier to list the bands that I think are good than the bands I think are bad. Basically, all the Emo bands are bad and so is just about every "new rock" band out there. (That pop bands/Divas/anyone associated with American Idol, etc. are bad is a just a given.) Seldom do I hear a band that I think is good and/or original.

Currently the bands that annoy me the most are My Chemical Romance and AFI. They are probably better than 95% of other bands out there, but I am forced to hear their pop punk/emo music more than others. And, I think it is their whinny pop influence that is really stopping good punk/hard rock bands from getting record deals, distribution and/or air play. What's worse is that more and more younger musicians emulate them so they will just produce more clones as they become more popular.

Mostly everything sucks. There's a lot of suckage out there, so I'll probably be visiting this thread from time to time. Specific suckage, though not musically as bad as bubble gum music, would go to bands like REO Speedwagon (especially post You Can Tune..), Journey (the Steve Perry era), Night Ranger and Loverboy. How those bands got their popularity (particularly for any guys who would admit to liking them) is beyond me. Especially Loverboy and REO. I mean, really. You might have gotten some action to some of that stuff, but you can't possibly really like it. Can you? :shrug:

Almost all pop/Top 40.
All bubblegum pop.
Most rockabilly.
Much of C&W.

all = suckage

Oh yeah, New Jack sucks too.

TPS

sorry old farts. U2 forever jumped the shark with the song Lemon. I dont know what is worse. That they have put the same record out for about 10 years, or that the American public continues to buy the exact same product every 2 to 3 years. Suck rope Bono.

U2 sucks. Bono sucks real hard.

It is apparent to me by your post that your feeble mind is not complex enough to understand the intricacies of U2. They are greatness defined. Listening to the sonic feast for the ears that we call a U2 album is like riding a unicorn to the end of the rainbow and finding a pot of gold all the while with Jenna Jameson with her arms wrapped around you whispering all the perverted things she wants to do to you when you get home. There are no other band IMO only imitators.

It is apparent to me by your post that your feeble mind is not complex enough to understand the intricacies of U2. They are greatness defined. Listening to the sonic feast for the ears that we call a U2 album is like riding a unicorn to the end of the rainbow and finding a pot of gold all the while with Jenna Jameson with her arms wrapped around you whispering all the perverted things she wants to do to you when you get home. There are no other band IMO only imitators.

spoken like a true musical genius like norman einstein

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom