Bank of America forecloses on house that couple had paid cash for (1 Viewer)

eaux-yeah

Keep on Puffin'
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Stay classy BoA! You sorry rotten *******'s :rant:

SPRING HILL — Charlie and Maria Cardoso are among the millions of Americans who have experienced the misery and embarrassment that come with home foreclosure.

Just one problem: The Massachusetts couple paid for their future retirement home in Spring Hill with cash in 2005, five years before agents for Bank of America seized the house,
removed belongings and changed the locks on the doors, according to a lawsuit the couple have filed in federal court.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...n-house-that-couple-had-paid-cash-for/1072632

That is AWFUL!

That type of rampant incompetence needs to be hit with MASSIVE punitive damages. They didn't have any problems collecting monthly mortgage payments. Use the money to have a better accounting system for accountability. Geesh.

That is AWFUL!

That type of rampant incompetence needs to be hit with MASSIVE punitive damages. They didn't have any problems collecting monthly mortgage payments. Use the money to have a better accounting system for accountability. Geesh.

In BOA's defense, why didn't or weren't the owners aware? Why and how did the court allow a foreclosure against a house unencumbered by a deed? How did the Sheriff justifty B&E into a house not deeded to the listed owner?

This hole thing stinks well beyond the evil that is BOA.

It was an address mixup, an honest mistake. It's not like BoA SWAT teams busted down the door and ordered them out of the house at gunpoint.

It was an address mixup, an honest mistake. It's not like BoA SWAT teams busted down the door and ordered them out of the house at gunpoint.

I understand that mistakes happen, but when you do something like this, you have to pay for your mistakes.

I would buy that, except for the fact that they were TOLD they had the wrong house by the realtor that was hired BY THEM and still proceeded! In fact, they were told multiple times over the phone by the owner, admitted a mistake, yet still foreclosed.

I would buy that, except for the fact that they were TOLD they had the wrong house by the realtor that was hired BY THEM and still proceeded! In fact, they were told multiple times over the phone by the owner, admitted a mistake, yet still foreclosed.

This is why their actions are indefensable. You would think that the moment you are made aware of such an egregious error, you stop what you are doing and get on the fireball before it becomes a full on confligration.

But dtradin is right - you can't just go down and foreclose. There are notice periods involved - and I suspect that the tenant never told the couple that the house was getting service of process. Even then, the court and the sheriff are supposed to confirm, but basically they usually rely on the representations (certifications) made to them by a company like BOA. But that's all the more trouble for BOA - to get the foreclosure order, they had to make certain sworn representations that must have been inaccurate.

But what punitive damages are going to be awarded for this royal screw up. And they wonder why people have it in for them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom