Banners moved (1 Viewer)

CP

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that they moved the Championship Banners for the Super Bowl?

Yessir, indeed I did. It looked like they staggered all the division banners and moved the season ticket ones as well as taking down the Tulane ones. I know they bunched at least 6 of them together, not sure about the rest, but I don't recall seeing the rest of them.

In the Poydras Street end zone they moved all of the banners to the "Gate G" side of the Diamondvision. in the Girod Street end zone they moved all of the banners except for the Louisiana flag to the "Gate C" side of the screen.

Basically, that moves the banners to the left of the screen as you face it from the opposite end zone. We figure the move must have been to accommodate either the half time show or pregame stuff.

I've noticed that they are typically moved for the college bowl games as well (NO Bowl, Sugar Bowl, BCS Champ Game)... so this is nothing new

maybe we're just noticing now this b/c there are quite a few more of them nowaday... esp that 1 that's mostly black and says "World Champions" on it

and you see that the 5 Payton-era banners have top precedence spot over the 3 banners we got from Mora and Haslett

I noticed this for Sugar Bowl this year. I kind of like it in that formation. Clears way for many more banners. Make it more intimidating for the visiting team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom