Bar work in NOLA ? (1 Viewer)

Ross

Scottish Who Dat!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As i've said in previous posts im coming over for the season opener for 2 weeks but i'd really like to stay a while longer im also going to be doing a few days voluntary work with Habitat for huminaty something i would also like to do for a longer period of time than a few days.

My holiday visa allows me to stay in NOLA for 6 month

I'd really like to find some Bar work or something along those lines sort of like a working holiday. i will have enough money to cover my rent for 6 month but thats about it

Any advice or info would be a great help ,Thanks :9:

Dude that's a great idea. I hope someone sees this and hooks you up!

If you don't get any connections through the boards, start calling places and tell them you are willing to do ANYTHING for work. You may have to strip or service VIPs but hey, work is work.

Seriously though, do that. If that doesn't work, when you get here, show up to bars in person and ask them if they need help cleaning, stocking, or checking IDs. Go during non-peak hours.

Dude that's a great idea. I hope someone sees this and hooks you up!

Would be amazing , im at a point in my life where everthing here is just becoming mundane and routine i need to try something new :9:

If you don't get any connections through the boards, start calling places and tell them you are willing to do ANYTHING for work. You may have to strip or service VIPs but hey, work is work.

Seriously though, do that. If that doesn't work, when you get here, show up to bars in person and ask them if they need help cleaning, stocking, or checking IDs. Go during non-peak hours.

I emailed an application to Lucy's and im trying to find an email address for Fin McCools Irish pub.

Any other bars you guys reckon i should contact :scratch:

There are bars everywhere. I'd pick a neighborhood you think you'd like to be in, and start there.

Would be amazing , im at a point in my life where everthing here is just becoming mundane and routine i need to try something new :9:

I emailed an application to Lucy's and im trying to find an email address for Fin McCools Irish pub.

Any other bars you guys reckon i should contact :scratch:

Razoo, BBC, and Mango's are a few off the top of my head that are on Bourbon....if you wanna work at Lucy's just pm CPG....he should be best friends with everybody there by now. He and the owner are probably golfing buddies.

Courtney let's the owner of Lucy's rub his cankles so that should be your in...

Razoo, BBC, and Mango's are a few off the top of my head that are on Bourbon....if you wanna work at Lucy's just pm CPG....he should be best friends with everybody there by now. He and the owner are probably golfing buddies.

I'll check those 3 places out just now , Feo said a while back he could get me a job as a painted from head to toe street performer , but i haven't seen him around the board lately

Courtney let's the owner of Lucy's rub his cankles so that should be your in...

Suppose it cant hurt to ask him to find out if they would even consider employing a foreigner on a short term basis :scratch: , as im sure most places would rather employ a local who would be working there longer than 6 month.

Dude, hate to break it to you, but any bar that you'd wanna work in probably doesn't need a bartender. I live right by Mick's Irish Pub, best bar on the planet, and I asked for ya after reading this, and it's a big NO. Not because you won't be here long, but because no one in their right mind would give up their regulars. Finn's is a really cool place, but I doubt it there. You'd probably have to go to the quarter.

Dude, hate to break it to you, but any bar that you'd wanna work in probably doesn't need a bartender. I live right by Mick's Irish Pub, best bar on the planet, and I asked for ya after reading this, and it's a big NO. Not because you won't be here long, but because no one in their right mind would give up their regulars. Finn's is a really cool place, but I doubt it there. You'd probably have to go to the quarter.

To be honest i'd happily take a job wherever i could as long as it was in a safe part of town

In a way I'm sure you're right, but I'm also sure there are many bars that have turnover at the bartending positions :idunno:

Ross - just a suggestion but since you're a personal trainer already, why not market yourself in the months before coming to town and get yourself some clients?

Thats a pretty decent idea , any idea of what the average 1 hour session with a PT costs ?

Bourbon bars are generally the best bet for bartending or bar backing positions. I have known quite a few people who have worked on Bourbon and the turn around is generally pretty high. That said the jobs are nearly as glamorous as one would think (hence, part of the reason for the turnaround), but the money can be good.

One thing to remember is that a lot of the neighborhood cornerstone bars/pubs (a la Mick's, Finn's, Lucy's, etc.) can be a bit difficult to get a bartending gig, just because most of the bartenders have been there for years. Still, offering to do whatever is necessary should be a major selling point.

I currently work at a daiquiri bar (oh so glamorous, by the way) and I can keep a heads up on available positions, especially for the NOLA establishments.

When exactly are yall coming in? September?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom