Barack Hussein Obama The Closet Muslim (1 Viewer)

>>I do think this will eventually be a problem for him. It will be interesting to see how he deals with it when it's used as a hammer against him, and it will be. To date a few media personalities have brought it up but it hasn't managed to gain traction.

There are a couple of ways he could go with this.

The path of least resistance would be for him to state that since his dad was from Africa, and this an Afro/Africa-Centric church, it was comfortable for him to worship there (Chicago fwiw).

The other path would be for him to state that despite his multicultural background, he feels more at home worshipping at a decidedly non-multicultural church. This is where he's going to get hammered. The intellectual response is that the government isn't here to tell anyone how or what to worship nor is he as president there to tell anyone else where and how to worship. Of course it would be somewhat of a hyopcrisy for anyone affiliated with the Romney campaign to bring this up specificially because of his Mormon (recently suggested as "Mormon Cult") roots.

But he is going to have to answer for his choice of worship, because it will dog him throughout the campaign and turn off many of his white supporters if he does not. That's a fact whether anyone chooses to ignore it or not. I think a lot of white people (this one included) feel like we are at a point where we could elect a black president. But I don't believe that I represent a majority of white America when I say that, particularly when concerning a black liberal. The Senator's got some explaining to do whether that is fair or not.

TPS

The UC is a mainstream liberal protestant denomination, which wll simply solidify the electorate's views in their respective parties. It might be useful particularly if Huckabee is nominated; you couldn't get more diametrically opposite than that.

The goals of each party are to find the anti-Hillary and the anti-Huckabee, with the former process further along. Obama's Moslem heritage is interesting, and perhaps it informs his diffidence in expressing patriotism as we know it. One thing is certain, however; we KNOW the UCC hates America.

For your viewing pleasure. Buggering ministers is frankly not at the top of my problem list affecting America, but it is the crux of the UCC creed.

http://www.ucc.org/

How do you know that? I am a member of a UCC church in Metairie. I might not go much at all, but the efforts my church has taken after the storm and helping communities have been enormous. There have been all sorts of kids coming from other UCC congregations to help. These people are not un-American. The services I have been too haven't said anything about hating the government.

If anything I think African Americans can take great pride in their African heritage. There is nothing wrong with that.

Just leave race and religion out of this, it's Un-American to consider it.

How do you know that? I am a member of a UCC church in Metairie. I might not go much at all, but the efforts my church has taken after the storm and helping communities have been enormous. There have been all sorts of kids coming from other UCC congregations to help. These people are not un-American. The services I have been too haven't said anything about hating the government.

If anything I think African Americans can take great pride in their African heritage. There is nothing wrong with that.

Just leave race and religion out of this, it's Un-American to consider it.

It's different in the heartland. The chief UCC minister in OKC blanked out on a local TV program when asked what local aid projects were active in the ecumenical community, but he does annually send a contingent to Central America and has taken US policy in Central america and elsewhere to task as long as I've known him.

Additionally, his church was at the forefront of pushing gay ministry in OKC. My church at the time, which IS UCC, hemorrhaged a fourth of its membership. We left afterwards because our child had no one within a four year age range in his class. The administration was more focused on gay ministers than education.

What I find most interesting is that the pulpit is transformed every Sunday morning into a screed, but the operation maintains its tax-exempt status. Where do I sign up?

Barack Obama has a skyward look on the Newsweek cover, and perhaps he will, in Andrew Sullivan's words, "change the US brand", but somehow I doubt Al Queda will pause because the leader resembles them. This is identity politics, and I have a wee problem with that.

So if Obama is a closet Muslim who loves gays then he's the perfect candidate to take on the Republicans, the party of closet gays who hate Muslims.

So if Obama is a closet Muslim who loves gays then he's the perfect candidate to take on the Republicans, the party of closet gays who hate Muslims.

lol

except Ron Paul

>>There is no way I vote for this guy. Worst mistake America could make.

red_x_mark.jpg

Ding, Ding, Ding.

I think we have a thread killer.

The Blind Monkey Award for Humor Over And Above The Call Of Duty goes to

gavinj

Congratulations, Sir.

Here's a thread at a forum I frequent. I can't believe the amount of hate many of these people carry around day to day.
Wow! I think, after reading that thread, i have actually lost a few IQ points.
I'm really starting to find the people of my state to be more and more repulsive as the days go by. :covri:

Lets face it, the majority of the people voting in America are ignorant when it comes to the facts. I'd venture to say that at least 50% of those voting in the general election couldn't even tell you which state McCain represents.

Until this country takes education seriously, we're not going to progress. Yes, our economy may progress, but our quality of life won't. And Obama's the candidate who has most wanted to speak about education. But he's muslim. Even though he isn't. You would think that with the multitude of cultures in this country, we could come to grips with understanding that all men are created equal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom