Barack Obama's Controversial Pastor Puts Church (and possibly Barack) In Hot Water (1 Viewer)

I think Billary's prayers have been answered. Obama was a member of this church for 20 years and Wright is part of Obama's inner circle. Wright's infammatory rhetoric isn't going to go away. Not sure how Obama can extracate from this.......Wright's "sermons" endorsing Obama might just ruin him. I told you guys the Clintons were sitting on something nasty.....you can blame Fox News all you want.......

and what books has obama writen based on wright's sermons.....the audacity of hope is based on obama's own life...you are believing your own spin...have you read the book??? i don't think you have....and as for the tax question, a church is not suppose to be involved in political campains, thats actively campaining endorseing or what have you, it has nothing to do with whether or not you are a member of the church or not

Later he [Obama] would base his 2004 keynote speech to the Democratic National Convention on a Wright sermon called "Audacity to Hope," --also the inspiration for Obama's second memoir, "The Audacity of Hope."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ry?page=2&coll=chi_news_custom_religion_promo

By the way, I did notice you didn't address my other question about McCain attending Haggen's church.

i believe the last time this issue was drugged up he has already addressed this, my advice to him would be to get back to the issues, and leave all the dumb **** to foxnews

You're kidding yourself. You say that because you like Obama and don't feel this story is relevant or fair. Which is fine, I even agree with you in large part. But these statements

“Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college.

"Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.

"We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. ... We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. ... We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. ... We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.

"And ... And ... And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this ****!"

And the worse that's going to come out, that's going to kill Obama if he doesn't address it in some satisfactory manner. Does Obama deserve this sort of flak?

"Deserved ain't got nothin' to do with it"

Obama knew the game before he pushed his chips to the center of the table. So did McCain before the NYTimes baselessly insinuated he had an affair with a lobbyist. That's politics. You deal with it or you don't get elected.

So he's not a committee member of Obama's African American Religious Leadership Committee?

i can't beleive you are doing the foxnews thing......spin, spin and more spin....the african american religious leadership committe is just that..the african american religious leadership committe...it doesn't belong to barack obama ......?????.....i thought we where talking about presidentual campain staff???

you can alway count on good old foxnews for a extreme right wing spin to everything...... i wonder if that crazy evengelical reverend haggen and his church's tax exemption is at stake since he was on stage with john mccain and "directly" endorsed him??? i already know that answer to that...of course not......

So foxnews made him say what he did? Foxnews modified it to look like he was saying those things?

They are a freakin' news agency.. they report what's out there.

I can't remember the last time I have been so ****** watching something on TV

if he feels that way.. get the hell out of America

i can't beleive you are doing the foxnews thing......spin, spin and more spin....the african american religious leadership committe is just that..the african american religious leadership committe...it doesn't belong to barack obama ......?????.....i thought we where talking about presidentual campain staff???

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]PRESS RELEASE from Obama for America[/SIZE][/FONT] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dec. 4, 2007
<center> [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Renowned Faith Leaders Come Together to Support Obama[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Unprecedented group of nation’s top Black religious leaders unveiled[/FONT]
</center> CHARLESTON, S.C. –U.S. Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign today unveiled its African American Religious Leadership Committee at both the national and statewide levels. Together, they represent two groups of key national and South Carolina religious leaders who are supporting Obama’s bid for the Democratic nomination.

Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr.*
Senior Pastor
Trinity United Church of Christ
Chicago, IL
Senator Barack Obama's Pastor

http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2008/obama/obama120407pr.html

Fox is going on a full-blown crusade about Rev. Wright.

Tonight, O'Reilly played a tape of one of Wright's sermons where he was yelling "Damn America!"

They've also got Wright on tape saying the goverment lied about creating HIV to kill people of color...9/11...WMDs...etc.

Not good. Sen. Obama is going to have to address this.

It's unfortunate but I think Obama has no choice but to stand by Rev. Wright, for better or worse. If he distances himself too much now, it looks like the same political expediency that is expected from candidates and probably will be perceived as disingenuous anyway.

He can't escape it and it might ultimately be a major contributor should his candidacy prove unsuccessful. It doesn't matter that Obama has not been divisive in his message, or that these types of words can't be attributed to him, it's the seeds of doubt the relationship sews. And I understand that even if I don't feel it.

But to think the story now is politics from the pulpit misses the mark, IMO. Let's be honest here, we're kidding ourselves if we think this sort of thing doesn't go on across the country on a regular basis. Politics and religion are too closely intertwined and churches big and small directly or indirectly endorse candidates, platforms, and ideologies. Do we really need to wonder, should Obama get the nomination, if there won't be pastors somewhere reminding the good folk that this cannot happen to the America they love? And pastors in other churches reminding congregations that this is the moment they've waited for?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]PRESS RELEASE from Obama for America[/SIZE][/FONT] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dec. 4, 2007
<center> [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Renowned Faith Leaders Come Together to Support Obama[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Unprecedented group of nation’s top Black religious leaders unveiled[/FONT]
</center> CHARLESTON, S.C. –U.S. Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign today unveiled its African American Religious Leadership Committee at both the national and statewide levels. Together, they represent two groups of key national and South Carolina religious leaders who are supporting Obama’s bid for the Democratic nomination.

Senior Pastor
Chicago, IL

Oops.

Y'all, if you want see the videos of Rev. Wright's sermons, please go find them yourselves.

Some of them contain words which are racial epithets and don't belong here on the the EE Board.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sorry DD and to anyone who took offense to the posting of the video. I wrongly assumed that if it passed as acceptable language to the members of the largest congregation in the US of the United Church of Christ, the sermon was okay to post here. My mistake, it is inflammatory. I should have thought that through.

If McCain's preacher/reverend/pastor had said similar things about America you don't think this wouldn't be an issue? It says something about judgement......I think when you throw your hat into the biggest ring that should have realized something like this might come back to haunt you? Being a member of any radical organization (listen to Wright's sermons and tell me he isn't "radical") is one of the surest ways to ruin your political career. It might not be on Spitzer's level but Wright's going to scare off moderate voters.......

So foxnews made him say what he did? Foxnews modified it to look like he was saying those things?

They are a freakin' news agency.. they report what's out there.

I can't remember the last time I have been so ****** watching something on TV

if he feels that way.. get the hell out of America

nobody said that wright didn't say these things but was said was this is "old" news...this is from last year, and from 5 years ago, also he can say whatever he wants and he doen't have to "get out of america"...now i am not saying what he said was right, but with just a little common sense applied here , j. wright is not running for president, he has no ability to make obama do anything...the last time this came up around super tue. time obama has arleady addressed this statements and others wright has made, so as i said earlier, i'll just leave the dumb**** to foxnews and the people that like it

Dec. 4, 2007

<CENTER>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Renowned Faith Leaders Come Together to Support Obama[/SIZE][/FONT]
</CENTER>CHARLESTON, S.C. –U.S. Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign today unveiled its African American Religious Leadership Committee at both the national and statewide levels. Together, they represent two groups of key national and South Carolina religious leaders who are supporting Obama’s bid for the Democratic nomination.

Senior Pastor
Chicago, IL

and this some how proves that barack obama owns the african american religous leadership commitee and that these pastors are on obama's presidential campain team.....i'm sorry spin on

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom