Barack Obama's Controversial Pastor Puts Church (and possibly Barack) In Hot Water (1 Viewer)

i can't beleive you are doing the foxnews thing......spin, spin and more spin....the african american religious leadership committe is just that..the african american religious leadership committe...it doesn't belong to barack obama ......?????.....i thought we where talking about presidentual campain staff???

Sorry RABDOG, I wasn't watching Fox News (I don't have the stomach for it). I was reading The Huffington Post, and that committee is part of Obama's campaign. I wasn't trying to spin anything.

Throughout the campaign, I have thought that Obama was getting free ride from the press. Why weren't they making an big issue of Rev. Wright? Compare that to what happens to the Clinton camp. When some reporter asks someone associated with the Clinton camp about their views on Obama's rise, no one is allowed to even touch on the huge number of African American Democratic electorate in places like South Carolina, Mississippi, and the rest of the South without getting blasted with race card accusations from the press and Obama campaign.

If that had been Clinton's pastor of 20 years, she wouldn't even be in the Senate right now.

Like I said unless Obama can find a way to distance himself (by miles) from Wright and Trinity United Curch Of Christ he will lose all moderate support. You don't think Billary or her surrogates won't run a few campaign ads with a few choice pieces of Wright's "sermons" with the final tagline some like - "Obama attended this church for 20 years, is this who you want running America?" Poof all those people in the middle are looking for a new candidate. Like I said Fox News didn't just suddenly find this.....I wonder exactly who had to gain at it's discovery?

Please refresh my memory....how many years did McCain attend his church? What books did he write based on Haggen's sermons?

True, there are differences in these situations. Obama's relationship to Wright invites greater scrutiny.

But an observation where a similar comparison can be made is that the thread on this board about Farakhan's endorsement of Obama resulted in 4 pages with 69 replies (not counting any mentions in other threads) while Hagee's endorsement of McCain resulted in a thread with 8 replies.

This surprised me given what I would assume is a large representation of Catholics on this board.

if you choose to go to a church you have to believe in that churches and the preachers teaching... if not you choose another church.....

by the way its not just on fox new. we dont watch fox news in this house and i woke up to it this morning......... i couldnt believe what this nut was saying....

Fox is going on a full-blown crusade about Rev. Wright.

Tonight, O'Reilly played a tape of one of Wright's sermons where he was yelling "Damn America!"

They've also got Wright on tape saying the goverment lied about creating HIV to kill people of color...9/11...WMDs...etc.

Not good. Sen. Obama is going to have to address this.

I saw those too, and I find it hard to believe that as a member of Wright's church Michelle Obama "misspoke" when she said she had never in her adult life been proud to be an American.

I

I think Obama needs to come out firmly against the inflammatory things The Rev. said. He actually has already, but since the Rev wasn't getting all that much attention until today, neither did his statement of disagreements with him.

I don't think this is going to "stick." It might, if Obama had made a name for himself as a brown-noser to his African-American constituency.Or if he had made other statements that even hinted that he might share some of those beliefs.But he hasn't. He has stood up in Black churches and called out the black community on issues such as homophobia and welfare abuse, and if he did say something about the whole Jena thing (I'm not sure) he wasn't at the forefront trying to stir up outrage for votes. His platform and message are not racially centered.
Jesse and Al he ain't.

Sorry RABDOG, I wasn't watching Fox News (I don't have the stomach for it). I was reading The Huffington Post, and that committee is part of Obama's campaign. I wasn't trying to spin anything.

Throughout the campaign, I have thought that Obama was getting free ride from the press. Why weren't they making an big issue of Rev. Wright? Compare that to what happens to the Clinton camp. When some reporter asks someone associated with the Clinton camp about their views on Obama's rise, no one is allowed to even touch on the huge number of African American Democratic electorate in places like South Carolina, Mississippi, and the rest of the South without getting blasted with race card accusations from the press and Obama campaign.

If that had been Clinton's pastor of 20 years, she wouldn't even be in the Senate right now.

it's all good sabine...all i'm saying is that wright is at home sipping latays, the church has a new pastor now, he really has no relivence now......plus thia has been addressed already by obama......on what you say here, the clinton people can't really say that the black vote is the reason for obama's rise because he beat her 12 straight times and in half of those states there are little to no black people, so if they do say things like that it would be 1 not true and 2 it would look like they are trying to marginalize or belittle his wins....

In fairness, I'm glad I don't have to answer for the things my old Missionary Baptist preacher used to say about Catholics, the Pope, etc... :eek:

From what I understand, Rev Wright married Obama and his wife and he baptized his children. I would say they had a very close relationship and if Obama attended a church with a proud racist and avowed America hater, IMHO he should address that.

you can alway count on good old foxnews for a extreme right wing spin to everything...... i wonder if that crazy evengelical reverend haggen and his church's tax exemption is at stake since he was on stage with john mccain and "directly" endorsed him??? i already know that answer to that...of course not......

It is Hagee Not Haggen at least spell his name right it gives you more credibility

if you choose to go to a church you have to believe in that churches and the preachers teaching... if not you choose another church.....

by the way its not just on fox new. we dont watch fox news in this house and i woke up to it this morning......... i couldnt believe what this nut was saying....

There are lots of Catholics who go to Catholic churches and disagree with ALOT of the dogma

Same for every other religion I'm sure
Hard to find a church where you agree with them on EVERYTHING

I know from exasperating first hand experience

Spin what? All I've read so far have been facts, you may not like them and want them to go away, but they are still facts that a Presidential candidate should address.

there are several thing s that have occcurred in the obama camp now to make one wonder he is truely thinks the way the rev. thinks.....

ie: wife saying she hasnt been proud of america till now.
him not saluting the flag or whatever it was he didnt do....
just food for thought...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom