Barack Obama's Controversial Pastor Puts Church (and possibly Barack) In Hot Water (4 Viewers)

The standard of proof would have to be an unedited smooth camera sweep from Rev Wright making an inflammatory remark, to an Obama standing and cheering. He nods his head at every utterance, which implies listening, not agreement. That would be his explanation, I guarantee that.

No "reputable" news organization will run with a Newsmax story. As with the National Enquirer, which alone pursued the dissolving Charles-Diana marriage while others tut-tutted with displeasure, others have to carry the ball.

Apart from the usual outlets of Republican fealty, this story has been effectively tapped down by the Obama campaign. He picked up more superdelegates this weekend even in the teeth of controversy. His path is protected through November.

Voting for him is an act of atonement. Even some women writing in the current Newsweek on the greater import of Clinton's candidacy allowed that perhaps it was Obama's time to claim his reward as a symbolic vessel of accumulated national guilt. Sentimentality trumps rationality in the post-racial post-political world of Oprah. We are all culpable.

Yes.

The man has qualities whatsoever.

His whole campaign is simply an affirmative action project in your estimation.

The delicious irony here is that a Hillary supporter is relying on a well-known right-wing, Republican news source for information--and passing it off as the gospel.

Yep. You know what they say, hell hath no fury.

The delicious irony here is that a Hillary supporter is relying on a well-known right-wing, Republican news source for information--and passing it off as the gospel.
Delicious like 20 lbs of the finest crawfish spread before me with an icy six-pack of Abita within arms reach...

It is ironic.
And the thing is, whether justified or not, if this thing gets ugly this summer and fall for the Democrats then I hope Hillary gets so freaking ostracized from the Party, just like Lieberman.

I think Obama is more of an opportunist than anything, and his association with Rev. Wright's church fits with Alinsky teachings.

Ok Sabine, I know you are vehemently anti-Obama (IMO to the detriment of your arguments, since you are now coming across as a "I drank the kool aid" type, or worse than the rabid Paul supporters from earlier this year).

But seriously? Calling Obama an opportunist while you proudly wear your Hillary Clinton button? Pot? Kettle?

Ok Sabine, I know you are vehemently anti-Obama (IMO to the detriment of your arguments, since you are now coming across as a "I drank the kool aid" type, or worse than the rabid Paul supporters from earlier this year).

But seriously? Calling Obama an opportunist while you proudly wear your Hillary Clinton button? Pot? Kettle?

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Yeah, that statement floored me too. All politicians are opportunists, but if any politician in recent memory is an opportunist...Hillary Clinton would fall into that category nicely.

Dude, how many times are you gonna accuse posters who disagree with you of being "racist" (and dont say thats not your intent) just because youve got NOTHING intelligent to post to back up your own positions. Seriously, Ive been reading through this thread and several times youve thrown out the "I know what you are" type crap at people who have said nothing even close to "racist." Ive also come to realize that white conservative=bigot in your book, and I aint talking about the conservative talking heads you called bigots with nothing to back it up, Im talking about all white conservatives. After reading this thread I can safely say you easily qualify as the most hateful, racist, bigoted poster in it. This isnt the only thread where youve done this either. Pretty much every thread youve ever posted in. Ever. The hate and racism you feel is BARELY held back in your posts and its easy to see. I'd love to see the hateful, bigoted posts youd come up with if this were an unmoderated board.

BTW, I havent watched the video that got this thread started, I dont care about Obamas religion, and I dont back any candidate for President. So your loyalty to Obama and unwillingness to ever say anything against him doesnt bother me at all, though it does come off painfully homerish when you do it in every thread. Im just sick of your "I have nothing worth saying so let me reply to your post by insinuating that you are a racist" style of posting. Its pathetic. I would put you on ignore but I dont wanna miss it if you ever do let your real hate for white conservative posters out and go over the line. Would be like sitting through the worst movie you ever saw only to miss the one boob shot that made it halfway worth it. Now go ahead, hit me with your typical "I know what you really are, and I know your just mad because you wanna run around calling black people the n word but cant" response.

dude you and your buddies do not faze me....whatever you got to say about anything means nothing to me.....i know i am the "angry black guy" in your mind, but that's cool....it really is....have a blessed day.

I don't think having an event in the early afternoon in Miami makes it impossible for Obama to have attended the early service at TUCC. His website's claim that he didn't go to church that day might be more convincing, but weigh that against all those pesky Rezko untruths. I agree with the previous poster that the "standard of proof to would have to be an unedited smooth camera sweep from Rev Wright making an inflammatory remark, to an Obama standing and cheering," in order to chink Obama's armor.

That reminds me of a mom I've known for many years (the dad has long been out of the picture). She was always getting called to the school for something her son had done. She vehemently defended him. It was always so-and-so was lying about him because they didn't like him or were jealous or something. She always had a reason. The teachers, other kids, everybody was against him. The neighbors and cops were liars too, to hear her tell it. The kid (teenager) is incarcerated now. She missed a lot of opportunities to set him on a better path, but she refused to see any flaws. There's not a single candidate that is as perfect as their most ardent believers think they, that includes Clinton, McCain and yes Obama too.

VChip, I'm not nearly as anti-Obama as you think. I don't hate him, but clearly I'm not enamored either. Nor am I as big a fan of Clinton's as you have assumed.

"The great story here, for anybody willing to find it and write about it and explain it, is this vast right wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for President" - HRC

That reminds me of a mom I've known for many years (the dad has long been out of the picture). She was always getting called to the school for something her son had done. She vehemently defended him. It was always so-and-so was lying about him because they didn't like him or were jealous or something. She always had a reason. The teachers, other kids, everybody was against him. The neighbors and cops were liars too, to hear her tell it. The kid (teenager) is incarcerated now. She missed a lot of opportunities to set him on a better path, but she refused to see any flaws. There's not a single candidate that is as perfect as their most ardent believers think they, that includes Clinton, McCain and yes Obama too.

I think that is one of the largest problems with the facade that most people have thrown up about Obama. Absolutely noone believes he is perfect or that he hasn't or won't make mistakes. The difference about him is that he has adressed those imperfections and done so truthfully as far as I am concerned.
Mrs. Clinton on the other hand has:
Refused to admit her Iraq vote was a mistake
Refused to release her tax records for 2007 and beyond
Refused to release all earmarks
Blamed her current situation all away as Big States etc.
and McBush is simply that an extension of Bush who hasn't seen a problem he could deny or blame away.

VChip, I'm not nearly as anti-Obama as you think. I don't hate him, but clearly I'm not enamored either. Nor am I as big a fan of Clinton's as you have assumed.
Well no offense intended, but your actions (posts) speak differently. Your posts scream "I HATE OBAMA!!!" and "HILARY WILL SAVE US ALL!!" More of the former than the latter, though, I'll give you that.

Calling Obama an opportunist while you proudly wear your Hillary Clinton button? Pot? Kettle?

Let me help you connect the dots. Is it better for Obama to be view as someone who went to that church because he bought into all of Rev. Wright's garbage, or because the church was a useful networking site and launchpad for a young, ambitious Chicago Southsider wanting to be a local politician? Just about everyone is willing to accept politicians as opportunists, but they're not willing to accept a hefty dose of Rev Wright's beliefs in their elected reps. It's better for Obama to be seen as an opportunist than a bigot and that's what I'm most inclined to believe, and in my opinion it fits with the Alinsky practices as I understand them.

Let me help you connect the dots. Is it better for Obama to be view as someone who went to that church because he bought into all of Rev. Wright's garbage, or because the church was a useful networking site and launchpad for a young, ambitious Chicago Southsider wanting to be a local politician? Just about everyone is willing to accept politicians as opportunists, but they're not willing to accept a hefty dose of Rev Wright's beliefs in their elected reps. It's better for Obama to be seen as an opportunist than a bigot and that's what I'm most inclined to believe, and in my opinion it fits with the Alinsky practices as I understand them.

Uh. Yeah. I'm sure every politician both on the left and right over the course of their career has connections to radicals, or some political groups which fall out of the mainstream political perspective.

http://www.nysun.com/article/66933

From reading this piece, Hillary had connections to the Black Panthers, among other far-left organizations.

I seriously doubt Clinton sympathizes much with the Panthers then or now, but all this discussion just reeks of guilt by association. Now, those making a lot of political noise regarding Rev. Wright's comments and his connection to Obama would have a point if Obama's political message were comparable. But it isn't. Just as Clinton's involvement with numerous far left organizations doesn't detract from her slightly more moderate political platform.

When people can start pointing to Obama's record of hateful race baiting, then maybe there'll be a story.

I still have trouble grappling with the implication that he is somehow a black-power, hate-America type. His mother was white. He is running for the presidency of the United States. Yeeeeeah.

Apparently, you missed this 10 posts up from your post?

..... I don't think it is necessary to remind everyone that they are free do their own research and free to use judgment and common sense in weighing the credibility, content and source of everything they read. I hope they will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom