Barak Obama's stance on the Second Amendment and his voting record on Guns (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also a supporter if the second amendment. I am a gun collector and a Duck, Woodcock and Quail Hunter. I dont want my right to bear arms taken away. Remember what happened in England awhile back. The hunters and citizens had to turn their guns in and they were melted down. I cant remember what year though.

I really don't think you have to worry about this here.

To quote Obama, "I have a dream.....................ooops"!

anyone against me owning an M-4 fully auto with acog scope is a comunist. I mean, how the hell can i possibly obliterate a deer without one...

I am also a supporter if the second amendment. I am a gun collector and a Duck, Woodcock and Quail Hunter. I dont want my right to bear arms taken away. Remember what happened in England awhile back. The hunters and citizens had to turn their guns in and they were melted down. I cant remember what year though.

So all those bangs I hear when walking the Yorkshire Dales and the NY Moors are just ramblers setting off firecrackers?

FYI: a UK shotgun license costs £40-£50 and can be obtained in a few weeks, subject to vetting procedures, by anyone over 17 who can show that they have a legitimate use and know how to handle such weapons safely. Legitimate use includes game shooting, which, funnily enough, is why we still have thriving grouse moors.

Sawn-off shotguns, handguns, rifles, and automatic weapons are a different matter (though I understand that the use of rifles for deer-stalking is also still legal in the UK).

http://www.met.police.uk/firearms-enquiries/index.htm

The difference, BTW, is that it's not a right, but a privilege.

Well, if they were going to melt ME down, they sure as hell wouldn't be getting my guns first.

I get the impression a number of you aren't huge fans of the 2nd amendment.

Depends. What's the interpretation?

Well, the right to own a rifle or pistol. I understand "Right to bear arms" is open to some interpretation, but for the sake of conversation let's presume the most literal meaning, the right to own firearms.

Well, the right to own a rifle or pistol.

Yes, I believe in the right to own a rifle or pistol. But I don't believe in an ideal that says if it's out there, or capable of being manufactured, we have the right to own it. I'm not opposed to background checks or waiting periods either. I believe some regulation and restriction is warranted. Gun advocates frequently cite any measure to regulate or restrict as "anti-gun." I just don't agree with that position.

Well, the right to own a rifle or pistol. I understand "Right to bear arms" is open to some interpretation, but for the sake of conversation let's presume the most literal meaning, the right to own firearms.

In that case, call me a fan. In fact, it's a Constitutional right I've just recently begun enjoying myself, and am about to go enjoy this afternoon.

What I'm not a fan of is the stance that any kind of gun control legislation is the beginning of the end for the 2nd Amendment. There's room for some common sense, I think.

Yes, I believe in the right to own a rifle or pistol. But I don't believe in an ideal that says if it's out there, or capable of being manufactured, we have the right to own it. I'm not opposed to background checks or waiting periods either. I believe some regulation and restriction is warranted. Gun advocates frequently cite any measure to regulate or restrict as "anti-gun." I just don't agree with that position.

Well background checks, waiting periods (though i'm not sure how effective those really are), gun licenses and registration, etc I don't think should be considered "infringing" on your right to bear arms. We do many of the same things for driving, voting, etc.

Preventing someone from owning an AK-47 is a little stickier from a strictly legal perspective, but practically speaking you can't allow citizens to outgun the local police force. Times have changed and it's not conducive to public safety.

:plus-un2:

In that case, call me a fan. In fact, it's a Constitutional right I've just recently begun enjoying myself, and am about to go enjoy this afternoon.

What I'm not a fan of is the stance that any kind of gun control legislation is the beginning of the end for the 2nd Amendment. There's room for some common sense, I think.

Thats me in a nutshell. I fired my first firearm last year mid summer, and have been enjoying using them since. I ve also picked up some training and subsequently, my concealed carry license.

During that time ive done quite a bit of reading online ranging form purely technical info, and shopping proposes, to reading lots of forums It's interesting the amount of paranoia over 2A amendment legislation that is out there.

However, after doing a lot of reading on the groups that are active on either side of the spectrum, it really does boil down to those trying to outright rid us of all guns to those who feel everyone should have 20 or so. The recent brief filed on the DC gun ban is going to be fairly huge in this countries 2A circus. I think most of the time, its overblown over compensation on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom