Barclay slights the Hornets' faithful (1 Viewer)

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Website
www.geocities.com
Did anyone else catch this last night?

I was watching the Rockets game last night on TNT and after the game, they were trying to identify who the likely candidates are in the West to get bounced early. Barkley piped up immediately with New Orleans saying, "...plus, they have no home court. That place is like a mausoleum."

I was surprised by this statement. Now, admittedly, I'm in Houston so I haven't been to a Hornets' game, but I've been hearing positive things from various people in New Orleans about attendance and noise at the Hive. What's the story here? Is Barkley right or is he uninformed and speaking off old info when the owner was hinting about leaving New Orleans if attendance was bad this season?

If it's the latter, people need to spread the word and make it a point throughout the playoffs to show him how wrong he is. Make signs, make noise, taunt him over it. Use the opportunity to turn the tables and bring out a positive note about the city on national television.

Did anyone else catch this last night?

I was watching the Rockets game last night on TNT and after the game, they were trying to identify who the likely candidates are in the West to get bounced early. Barkley piped up immediately with New Orleans saying, "...plus, they have no home court. That place is like a mausoleum."

I was surprised by this statement. Now, admittedly, I'm in Houston so I haven't been to a Hornets' game, but I've been hearing positive things from various people in New Orleans about attendance and noise at the Hive. What's the story here? Is Barkley right or is he uninformed and speaking off old info when the owner was hinting about leaving New Orleans if attendance was bad this season?

If it's the latter, people need to spread the word and make it a point throughout the playoffs to show him how wrong he is. Make signs, make noise, taunt him over it. Use the opportunity to turn the tables and bring out a positive note about the city on national television.

I agree I mentioned earlier that the fans should boo the opposing team every time they get the ball, or just in the 2nd half, something that let's everybody know the crowd is in it, not just after a shot or a big play, we do it pretty much for the saints on every defensive play I don't see basketball being much different, it's not that it really effects th opposing team as much as maybe in football but it lets the players know were are really behind them and gives them a boost on D...

He is very uninformed. The arena has been packed since the all-star break. A bit of irresponsible journalism on his part, and hope he doesn't here the end of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom