N/S BARSTOOL SPORTS SUED OVER FAMOUS SAD ROGER GOODELL IMAGE (1 Viewer)

chank

Cajun Power!!!
Reaction score
https://amp.tmz.com/2019/07/08/barstool-sports-lawsuit-sad-roger-goodell-nfl/

Barstool Sports is being sued over its most iconic image -- Sad Roger -- with the guys who allegedly created the shot of Roger Goodell with a clown nose claiming Barstool has been using it without permission.

The guys behind the suit are Jake Bernier, Kenneth LeMarier and Joseph Bernier ... who claim they created Sad Roger and licensed it to Barstool for a "one-time use in 2015."

The image became the face of Barstool's war against NFL commissioner Roger Goodell when he went after Tom Brady for allegedly deflating footballs during the 2014 NFL season.

Last edited:
I've seen this legal movie before -- artists create image/item/character/whatever and don't ask for enough money in the beginning when no one's heard of it....then get angry when whoever it gets sold to starts cashing in to the tune of thousands if not millions. Something to the same effect happened when the Mr. Bill doll character on the original SNL was created by a coupla dudes from N.O., one of whom happened to be Ellen DeGeneres' brother.

I thought this would have been a suit from Roger, himself. They are profiting from his likeness.

If Barstool did agree to that one-time usage, they should just pony up and give the creators of the art their percentage of profits.

It's really hard to tell if that is really goddell. His nose is covered and that can be a completely different person.
Well my buddy knows someone who was fired from Barstool, and he has a napkin with insurmountable proof that this is in fact roger's image, so it's a clear open and shut case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom