Bart Scott: "This game will be different because Buccaneers have figured out which personnel groupings work" (1 Viewer)

The saints are not a heavy blitz team. We blitz in certain situations but we primarily rely on our defensive line to shut down the run and force teams into 3rd and long situations where we can blanket the field in coverage.

The way to beat our defense is to run the ball successful on 1st and 2nd down. We’ve had success against Tampa because our defense is designed to take way the vertical passing game , which is what Tampa thrives on.

The saints are not a heavy blitz team. We blitz in certain situations but we primarily rely on our defensive line to shut down the run and force teams into 3rd and long situations where we can blanket the field in coverage.
I've heard this is what they may try to do ... with Leonard Fournette, I guess. I dunno, call me skeptical.

We did play Devin White in both our games against them, right?

I don't think we'll miss the extra linebacker on the field if we have to go 5 down linemen.... Gronk looks pretty slow.. I think any of our DEs could run with him if they tried to split him out and create a mismatch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom