Barth and Forbath who has the edge? (1 Viewer)

either one will probably be gone by week 4 anyway :aargh:

He won the job in camp last year and ****** it away in the preseason games. Please let it go.

He missed one more FG than Hocker during preseason games and both were perfect on the new/longer XP (4/4 for Hopkins versus 1/1 for Hocker).

We've been terrible at finding/choosing kickers for a decade or longer. Just one of those things. Every year we can find undrafted RBs, WRs and DBs that become NFL players but continually shoot craps with our kickers. We are choosing between Kai Forbath and Connor Barth while the guy we cut went 25/28 for the Skins, perfect inside 50yards.

I am not prepared to let it go.

Screw kicking off. Get someone who can kick a FG.
Agree 100%. Don't flame me guys and gals, but part of me thinks that we should have kept Hartley. Was a young kicker with potential. Maybe i'm stuck on the fact that he was the kicker on our super bowl winning team.

whomever they choose, the other will have a better season elsewhere. the curse is still in effect. When The Great Dane went to that team in Georgia, we haven't had a consistent long term kicker. Carney would be the closest but after him nothing. glad to see coach going for two last game. seems that they both talked about it before hand and said that they was going to work on that.

Like I've said before, Sean Payton and Greg McMahon are kryptonite to our kickers. FWIW, I think Barth wins the job ... and then he may be gone by the bye.

If we would have brought in Matt Prater when he got released we would be straight right now

The media kept talking about Forbath's perfect practice stats. I'm still rooting for Barth. I never feel confident when Forbath is kicking. Maybe Barth is the same....or worse. We have to find a consistent kicker some day....right?

All I know is I haven't been confident in the kicking game since the super bowl year. I don't get it. Kickers aren't important until they are.

Does anyone know whether the missed field goal against NE Horbath's fault, or was there too much penetration?

If we would have brought in Matt Prater when he got released we would be straight right now

Yea I really wanted us to bring in Prater. He was incredible kicking outdoors in Denver. I heard people at the time say NOLA would have been bad for him since he was trying to quit drinking. Any football city is no different if you have a drinking problem. At the time I definitely would have taken a chance on him. I like Barth and if he doesn't work out I think we get this fixed next season through the draft of FA.

With the touchbacks going to the 25, there's an emphasis on kicking off down to the 5 or so to encourage run backs. Either kicker can manage that with ease

Sturgis (PHI) might be available. With a concussion he probably is still better than either one right now.

Caleb Sturgis is a great kicker.
He's a very tough nosed football player who
actively tries to make tackles on kickoff returns.
As you would imagine, that's led to some injuries...
so that would have to be taken down a notch.
But when healthy, an excellent ( and young) kicker
that I'd love to have here for years to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom