Barth is PFF's lowest graded kicker for week 2 (1 Viewer)

None went for touchbacks...??

That was an issue in the old days...nowadays might this be quality sign as teams try to pin down the KR in the 10yard corner.

Speaking of, that's something that no one has brought up. Lots of people being critical about Lutz having his kicks blocked because our kicking line has been terrible (though Lutz gets blamed), but no one has brought up that Lutz has been pretty good at putting the opposing team in a bad position on kickoffs.

Morstead has been straight up money so far this season too.

Speaking of, that's something that no one has brought up. Lots of people being critical about Lutz having his kicks blocked because our kicking line has been terrible (though Lutz gets blamed), but no one has brought up that Lutz has been pretty good at putting the opposing team in a bad position on kickoffs.

Morstead has been straight up money so far this season too.

Doesn't Morstead do the kickoffs?

That's because Barth is so awesome he not only kicks, but he has managed to be able to block for himself also, he's just that good, while Lutz can only kick he's so incompetent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, "the grades"...

Barth has only attempted 1 FG this season, the one that he missed on Monday night. Surely 0 out of 1 makes for a really bad average, but it is only 1 kick.

The no touch backs, I guess it didn't occur to the grader, those may be the instructions Barth is getting from the ST coach.

There are some laughable opinions in that piece. Especially laughable, the TE.
So the Steelers' Jesse James gets the worst grade of the week because he "allowed 7 run stops" (whatever that means, I guess the grader expected James to stop 2-3 LBs on his own to spring the RB for a TD run), and "had countless more snaps where his man blew up the play". Countless blown plays, in a game the Steelers won 24-16, ran for 124 yds, and James ended up 3 of 5 with 1 TD.

On the other hand, our very own Colby Fleener went 2 of 8.

... but grades, man :hihi:

I'm happy with Lutz atm. It's way to early to be throwing him under the bus.

Blocked kicks are almost always the fault of the o-line not the kicker or was just an insane effort by someone on the opposing defense.

I'm happy with Lutz atm. It's way to early to be throwing him under the bus.

Blocked kicks are almost always the fault of the o-line not the kicker or was just an insane effort by someone on the opposing defense.

How can anyone say they are happy with him at this point? At best, we can say we want to see how he performs going forward. While the OLine contributed to the block, his low trajectory cannot be ignored. He said it himself that his trajectory has been too low. That has to be corrected if he is to be an NFL kicker. Hopefully he is able to. He has a great leg. But until he shows the whole package, I would not say I am happy with him yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom