baseball gloves (1 Viewer)

Tony in Brandon

A Hotty Toddy Saints Fan!
Reaction score
Ok, after using my glove from 1991 to now, I am afraid I'm going to have to retire it. It's been through a torn MCL and ACL in my left knee, a torn MCL in my right knee, and one hand-grenaded shoulder. I've looked around in the stores around Jackson and know that there have to be more cost efficient places on the world wide web. Can anybody help me out to find the best place out there for gloves, other than Ebay? Don't have anything against it, I've just given up on trying to win auctions on there. Thanks!

Ok, after using my glove from 1991 to now, I am afraid I'm going to have to retire it. It's been through a torn MCL and ACL in my left knee, a torn MCL in my right knee, and one hand-grenaded shoulder. I've looked around in the stores around Jackson and know that there have to be more cost efficient places on the world wide web. Can anybody help me out to find the best place out there for gloves, other than Ebay? Don't have anything against it, I've just given up on trying to win auctions on there. Thanks!

Academy, Dick's Sporting Goods.. you have any of those near you? They should have a good selection.

Went to Academy last night...no Dick's Sporting Goods around here (almost said no Dicks):p

Same here.... I just see there commercials all the time, which makes no sense considering I don't even know if we have one in Louisiana.

Red Stick Sports here in BR has a good selection, not sure if you have any local places similar.

Just seems to me that the few stores here that have a wide selection love to love their wide selections a little bit too much. That's why I was wondering about places on the internets

Ok, after using my glove from 1991 to now, I am afraid I'm going to have to retire it. It's been through a torn MCL and ACL in my left knee, a torn MCL in my right knee, and one hand-grenaded shoulder.

Get rid of that glove fast. It's obviously bad luck. :covri:

However, I have to warn you that new baseball gloves are bad for your health.

I bought a new glove when I was 13 and finally became starting SS for the 8th grade baseball team (little did I know then that the guy who played ahead of me for 2 years would end up playing in Majors for several years). It was a Spaulding brand. However, before baseball season started, I tore up my ankle in the end of the year basketball tournament, and spent the next 3 months in a cast. I missed the entire season.

That glove lasted me through high school (not on the baseball team there, but still played playground baseball), and college (intramural softball, etc.) and a few softball leagues and company leagues and games as an adult.

Finally 2 years ago, after having that old Spaulding glove for 26 years, it was falling apart so much that I couldn't relace it any more. Since I was helping to coach my son's Little League team, I was using it often. I decided I was finally going to get a new glove. I found one for a reasonable price (I think it was $40 or less - Mizuno brand) at The Sports Authority.

A couple of weeks later, I was throwing batting practice to the kids one day. Coincidentally, my son was hitting at the time. He popped one up in front of me. As I was reaching out to catch the ball, my foot slipped in the wet grass and my outstretched hand went thumb first into the ground. I ended up with a complete tear of a ligament in my thumb. I was in a cast for 2 1/2 months while it healed, and missed nearly an entire season of playing golf.

So I have bought 2 new baseball gloves in my life and ended up at the hospital and in a cast almost immediately after getting each of them.

Now, after that warning, if you still insist on getting a new glove, you can find a pretty good one for a reasonable price is you look around. I was really impressed by the Nike gloves I saw when I was looking, but they were also very expensive - like $100 and up. Mizuno makes a very good glove, and I found that they had a wider selection of reasonably priced models.

Depending on what kind of price you are looking for and what kind of stores you have in your area, I found the bigger sporting goods stores to have the best combination of selection and prices for a recreational player. If you don't have those, you might be able to find something acceptable at a place like Target.

Same here.... I just see there commercials all the time, which makes no sense considering I don't even know if we have one in Louisiana.

Red Stick Sports here in BR has a good selection, not sure if you have any local places similar.

Im pretty sure they are putting one by the BR mall.

Im pretty sure they are putting one by the BR mall.

Awesome news.. I've always wanted to check one out.

Tony.. the best suggestion I can give is to go to your local store... find a glove(s) that you like and then search online for better prices.

I think it would be best to try the glove out in person than to find one online.

Sounds like you should retire along with your glove and ride off into the sunset together what with all those injuries.:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom