Baseball HOF steroids McCarthyism? Bagwell Testcase (1 Viewer)

I thought McGwire was already eligible. Anyway, I'm not 100% against it, but I am still reluctant to let them in. Bags wasn't proven to have taken roids right? Until then, you have to think he didn't. In.

What about Larry Walker? He had a tremendous career with Expos, Rockies, Cards, playing in a hitter-friendly Coors Field shouldn't be factored against them or hitting 90's parity(Moises Alou, Vlad Guerrero, Sammy Sosa) . I don't think he gets in this time, MLB HOF voters have selective standards and known to lack objectivity on borderline inductees, scouts(absence of Buck O'Neil still strikes me as injustice. I've recognized Ron Santo will never be inducted despite many Cubs fans(me included) still ****** about lack of recognition.

What about Larry Walker? He had a tremendous career with Expos, Rockies, Cards, playing in a hitter-friendly Coors Field shouldn't be factored against them or hitting 90's parity(Moises Alou, Vlad Guerrero, Sammy Sosa) . I don't think he gets in this time, MLB HOF voters have selective standards and known to lack objectivity on borderline inductees, scouts(absence of Buck O'Neil still strikes me as injustice. I've recognized Ron Santo will never be inducted despite many Cubs fans(me included) still ****** about lack of recognition.

Cubs already have at least one guy in there that doesn;t desrve it (the Hawk) - lets not make a second

Let the 90's players in that have HOF numbers. I'm sure that some 70's and 80's HOFers used "speed", cocaine and other drugs to help keep that competitive edge.

Bagwell NEVER used steroids, He absolutely deserves the HOF. His carreer was cut short by shoulder injurys, but imo and many others also, Bags is a top 2 or 3 best 1st baseman to ever play in the bigs. He could crank em to!!!

bagwell was always my favorite player and I never had any suspicions of him juicing.

Also, it's craig biggio, not greg.

eric

What bothers me is the sluggers are going to be singled out because they were big, but steroids can do much more than make you big. You can actually lean out with the right roids, or you could improve your quickness and arm strength in the field, or you could look like a couch potato and just stay healthy longer because of their benifits. The lumbering DH, the soft tossing relief pitcher, the contact hitting gold glove defender, etc... all equally suspect.

I love the Astros, but if you doubt Bagwell then you have to doubt Biggio as well... if you doubt Mark McGwire(though he admitted) then you have to consider that Ozzie Smith could be just as dirty... not one single player in the HISTORY of baseball all the way back to the mid 50's when steroids became available. IN other words Roger Maris, Hank Aaron, Greg Maddux.... well you get the picture. EVERYONE! So in other words if you are going to keep the sluggers out then everyone from the mid fifties till the testing policy was added needs to be kept out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom