Baseball's Over!! Finally!!! (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe now all the national TV and radio shows will turn their full attention to football; so annoying when they harp on baseball, which not many people care about, even after football season starts........

MLB has been dead to me for years.

Now we can go to All Saints, All the time :D

Maybe now all the national TV and radio shows will turn their full attention to football; so annoying when they harp on baseball, which not many people care about, even after football season starts........

You must live in a place where there is no NBA.

4,392 mind-numbing, sweat-pourin', floor-squeakin' contests of live-action Pong.

OK, I finally found everyone. Now I'm too tired to post all my reasons why that was the best announced game ever (they were beyond astute, they were psychic), why anyone who likes the DH is a complete moron and knows nothing about baseball, and its hard to believe those were 2 best teams, when watching a fly ball to right field was exactly like watching little league baseball.

Yeah Jim - this was the worst World Series I can remember.

The announcers were great, no kidding. One time they started talking about how the hot hitter might now make them pay for their bad right fielder, then boom, a dropped ball followed by a homerun. A couple innings later it is questioned why the Cardinals don't susbtiute at right field for defense, 5 minutes later the guy is dropping another ball.

The announcers were great, no kidding. One time they started talking about how the hot hitter might now make them pay for their bad right fielder, then boom, a dropped ball followed by a homerun. A couple innings later it is questioned why the Cardinals don't susbtiute at right field for defense, 5 minutes later the guy is dropping another ball.

...Wah WAH wah wah wah wah..... I'm sorry, guys, but all your baseball talk just sounds like that teacher on Charlie Brown. It's an asisnine sport where, in general (though not this year), the team who spends the most money gets the best players and wins the title- where's the fun in that?? One of the many reasons that the NFL is great is because a team from a small market like Green Bay, Buffalo or NOLA has the same chance of going all the way in any year as a team from NYC, Chicago or San Fran. That's the beauty of the NFL, and to function any other way is illegitimate.

It's an asisnine sport where, in general (though not this year), the team who spends the most money gets the best players and wins the title- where's the fun in that??

Well it can be said that isnt the case the past few years, winners and payroll ranking....

2006 Cardinals (11th)
2005 White Sox (13th)
2004 RedSox (2nd)
2003 Marlins (25th)
2002 Angels (15th)
2001 Diamond Backs (8th)

and the Yankee's had there Dominace a for a few years prior. I think recently the Yankee's have showed everyone that money cant buy everything (and Im a Yankee fan). IMHO baseball has even seemed better the last few years because you really dont know what team is going to make it. I mean who really saw the Tigers in the WS this year?

Last edited:
You must live in a place where there is no NBA.

4,392 mind-numbing, sweat-pourin', floor-squeakin' contests of live-action Pong.

:smilielol:

..and let us not forget that the collegiate level of the same will be firing up soon. :grumpy:

I love the Cards and can't believe I was at the game last night but heh, at least we are both happy just for different reasons (me because the Cards won and you because its all over!).

Well it can be said that isnt the case the past few years, winners and payroll ranking....

2006 Cardinals (11th)
2005 White Sox (13th)
2004 RedSox (2nd)
2003 Marlins (25th)
2002 Angels (15th)
2001 Diamond Backs (8th)

and the Yankee's had there Dominace a for a few years prior. I think recently the Yankee's have showed everyone that money cant buy everything (and Im a Yankee fan). IMHO baseball has even seemed better the last few years because you really dont know what team is going to make it. I mean who really saw the Tigers in the WS this year?

I was going to post this myself. To that effect, when the Yankees DID win the WS the 3 times prior to 2000, it was before their payroll was so monstrous. They actually had good clubhouse chemistry, role players, etc. instead of a fantasy baseball trophy case, and spent half the money.

MLB wants people to think that the decline in its popularity is due to things like labor issues and steroids... which distracts from the real problem... they have an antiquated product that does not work with the lifestyle of most Americans.

The sweeping of the Cardinals a few years ago was pretty bad.

The play on the field didn;t seem so bad - even if it was a lopsided World Series.
This SEries just seemed liike a series between also rans.

Not trying to take anything away from the Cards, they won it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom