Baseball's Over!! Finally!!! (1 Viewer)

MLB wants people to think that the decline in its popularity is due to things like labor issues and steroids... which distracts from the real problem... they have an antiquated product that does not work with the lifestyle of most Americans.

It's still the second biggest sport here, and it's spreading globally.

The reason it's not as popular as it was throughout most of the 20th century is that there is so much more competition for the public's time and money.

Did baseball steal your girlfriend? Or were you just not very good at it?

Both? :dunno:

I hate Nascar. Maybe when the stoopid Cup has been awarded to whatever highly sponsored driver wins it, I'll start a thread about how dumb of an event it is, and how it takes up too much time on TV. Once a week is way too often.

...Yeah- That, and it's an inferior sport.

It really depends on where you live. The NFL is not that big in some places (like Los Angeles, anywhere outside of the U.S.), and MLB is bigger in the midwest (Esp. Missouri, Texas) and the northeast (NY and Boston obviously).

To say it is an inferior sport is just ignorant though. Clearly no one has sat you down and explained the chess-like qualities of baseball. It is an incredibly cerebral sport - which is why the most cerebral coaches in the NFL (Bellicheck[sic] and Parcells to name a couple) are HUGE fans.

from another thread:

blackngold4877 said:
By the way, it should be pointed out how much of an absolute joke playing that game yesterday was. It was clear that there would be heavy rain in Philadelphia last night and MLB in their usual fashion couldn't get out of their own way and plowed on with the game anyway. It was bad enough that they were going to get creamed by Monday Night Football in the ratings and be embarrassed in that way but then they let this cluster happen and how unfair was it to the Phillies that Hammels had to pitch the top of the 6th in that slop and the Rays didn't have to pitch the bottom? I don't care what the umpires said, if Tampa didn't tie that game there's no way they call it.

so true, and proves again why baseball sucks.

Right, because the NFL never does anything unfair, like taking away a home game from a team?

Fair or not, the Saints agreed to that. They had a say in the process.

Awesome. I have no use for MLB!! Now, The NFL really needs to lift the ban on all substances. We could then have football all year long. Steroids would heal them up quicker as well as make them stronger and faster. No team would be better than the other. Drugs would alter the game and take it to new heights of violence and intensity. Players would be out to kill, literally. The word head hunting-safety would really be just that. After all, its entertainment right?

Seriously, I wish it was possible to have NFL football all year long.

I liked the use of stolen bases to advance runners - it seems that nobody's stealing bases anymore.

I grew up watching Ricky Henderson, Tim Raines, Vince Coleman, Kenny Lofton, Otis Nixon, and others make a habit of swiping bases. I love it.

And the strike 'em out, throw 'em out is my favorite double play.

I'll never understand the baseball haters. It's a great game with lots of excitement. The action is far more subtle and you need to have more than a basic understanding of the rules to see it, but it is there. For me, baseball is first and football is second. But, I guess I'm just weird because I still like the NBA as well.

I liked the use of stolen bases to advance runners - it seems that nobody's stealing bases anymore.

I grew up watching Ricky Henderson, Tim Raines, Vince Coleman, Kenny Lofton, Otis Nixon, and others make a habit of swiping bases. I love it.

And the strike 'em out, throw 'em out is my favorite double play.

Tampa Bay set a record for stolen bases in the playoffs this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom