Based on his post season play, I do believe Michael Thomas has elevated himself as the best wide receiver in the NFL (1 Viewer)

giphy.gif

Totally agree with you Saint Kamara. He's showing WRs in the league how it is supposed to be done.

My bro and a best friend and I rehashed this talk today. It’s been ongoing.

Bro is the Skins fan, best friend is the Falcon’s fan. My bro says he’s for sure top 3 and maybe top 2 in his opinion.
ETA:
Brother just said for him...
AB, Julio, MT, then Tyreek, Hopkins.

Falcon fan has him top 3.

MT really is starting to make me think he’s the best in the business. Continues to amaze me.

Last edited:
My bro and a best friend and I rehashed this talk today. It’s been ongoing.

Bro is the Skins fan, best friend is the Falcon’s fan. My bro says he’s for sure top 3 and maybe top 2 in his opinion.

Falcon fan has him top 3.

MT really is starting to make me think he’s the best in the business. Continues to amaze me.

I'm still P'Oed that Reggie couldn't see through all the noise...

Short answer is yes.

Long answer is that people who know the game inside and out have appreciated this for awhile now. There are so many things he does that aren’t “flashy” but make him better (route running, blocking, crushing people at the line of scrimmage).

But you’re correct. More people are catching on now.

Short answer is yes.

Long answer is that people who know the game inside and out have appreciated this for awhile now. There are so many things he does that aren’t “flashy” but make him better (route running, blocking, crushing people at the line of scrimmage).

But you’re correct. More people are catching on now.

I only hear one name consistently thrown out as being better:
AB.

'best' is always going to be slippery
just like Drew, MT is unlikely to have eyepopping highlight reel moments
hopkins, OBJ, et al are built for ESPN (like mahomes or rodgers for QBs)

MT is easily the most dependable - and that should be #1 on your WR wants

The top 3 are now clearly AB, Hopkins and MT.

In what order is now debatable.

Julio is (finally!) on the decline as it appears Green is. Hill & Evans are much better when the play breaks down. Rarely do they win on their first route except if by speed for Hill and size for Evans. They do a ton of damage coming back to the ball or crossing the field on scramble drills. Neither of them is a complete receiver. OBJ & AB both appear to be headaches, which has to be part of the discussion. Are you really #1 if you are causing issues that (possibly) lead to losing?

That leaves Thomas & Hopkins, who are both flat out amazing. Those are the top two I would be picking from as #1.

And I think you may know which way I am leaning based on the forum we are all on!

Last edited:
Julio is (finally!) on the decline as it appears Green is. Hill & Evans are much better when the play breaks down. Rarely do they win on their first route except it by speed for Hill and size for Evans. They do a ton of damage coming back to the ball for crossing the field on scramble drills. Neither of them is a complete receiver. OBJ & AB both appear to be headaches, which has to be part of the discussion. Are you really #1 if you are causing issues that (possibly) lead to losing?

That leaves Thomas & Hopkins, who are both flat out amazing. Those are the top two I would be picking from as #1.

And I think you may know which way I am leaning based on the forum we are all on!
Great post.

Not sure when receiving yards became the measuring stick, but for the longest time it was the receptions leader, which MT is for 2018. Even before last night, he proved his worth as current best WR.

He's gonna cost Loomis, but he's worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom