Bass Pro Shops (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Went to the one in Denham Springs. Very impressive. You don't have to be a hunter or fisherman to like that place. I've gotten a nice collection of knives from that place. Very nice clothing department too. They have a little of everything. Store kept very clean and nice. It is worth the drive.

I don't know about BPS's gun prices, but their fishing tackle seems to be priced pretty competitively. I try to buy my reels and rods at local shops, but I will by bulk hooks, etc from them.

I don't know about BPS's gun prices, but their fishing tackle seems to be priced pretty competitively. I try to buy my reels and rods at local shops, but I will by bulk hooks, etc from them.

It depends on the firearm. Sometimes they are overpriced but sometimes they can have a solid deal. I bought my PX4 Storm Compact 9mm for about $50 less than anyone else I looked at. But I bought my M&P Shield elsewhere for about $100 less.

You should see the origiall Bass Pro Shop in Missouri, very impressive place. They have a wildlife museum, a huge aquarium and the shopping area itself is quite impressive. Just went there in February, before the Covid-19 shutdowns. Took my wife and I most of the day to see everything.

You should see the origiall Bass Pro Shop in Missouri, very impressive place. They have a wildlife museum, a huge aquarium and the shopping area itself is quite impressive. Just went there in February, before the Covid-19 shutdowns. Took my wife and I most of the day to see everything.

We went to the original one after picking up my son from a nearby baseball camp. I was an avid fisherman at the time and was somekind of excited to see the worlds biggest bass. Had my wife and all my kids there and we were front row to watch the scheduled feeding. Only to have the spokesperson come out and nearly in tears tell us that Ethel had passed away that morning. I swear I wanted to stand up and tell them to "drag her corpse out, we drove 500 miles to see her". That was a hardluck trip. After leaving there I had planned on taking the family to Dogpatch USA family park. Only to get there and find out it had closed down. Memories........

We went to the original one after picking up my son from a nearby baseball camp. I was an avid fisherman at the time and was somekind of excited to see the worlds biggest bass. Had my wife and all my kids there and we were front row to watch the scheduled feeding. Only to have the spokesperson come out and nearly in tears tell us that Ethel had passed away that morning. I swear I wanted to stand up and tell them to "drag her corpse out, we drove 500 miles to see her". That was a hardluck trip. After leaving there I had planned on taking the family to Dogpatch USA family park. Only to get there and find out it had closed down. Memories........

Clark, is that you?

You didn't have your BB gun with you, did you?

I bought a Browning X-Bolt from them about 2 years ago, the price was as competitive as anyone else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom