Battle for Home Field Advantage (1 Viewer)

gumbeau

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The Saints are officially in the hunt for playoff home field advantage. An outstanding game after a bad one means this team can survive adversity.

Chicago might drop 3 more games, 4 at the outside. The Giants look pretty good but not great.

12-4 is the mark for home field I think. 11-5 probably plays on the road at least one game.

6-2 for the rest of the year is possible but I expect the Saints to end up 11-5 or 10-6. The second half of the season is always tough.

A playoff home game would be tremendous for the Saints. All of them at home would be a dream. An NFC championship game in the Dome is storybook stuff.

This season is fun but (like all Saints fans) I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the hammer to drop.

well, I look for the Giants to win next week. A win by us would put us in a 3-way tie with Chicago and NY. I think Chicago is good to lose a few more, but I think the Giants are the real deal (though they were pretty bad today). We do get a shot at NY later on this year, but it will be a cold one up in Jersey. I think odds are NYG get home field advantage, but we should get a couple of games also. BTW I now think we have a legit shot at home field as well.

I think the Giants, Saints, Bears, Falcons and Panthers are the contenders right now. But it's too bad we're not in the NFC West anymore. :shrug: Seattle is a good team that I don't believe we match up with particularly well. But if we keep playing like we played the first half of the season, we'll get at least 1 home game come playoff time. I'd like to see the conference come through the Superdome, but consider:

Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Atlanta
San Francisco
Dallas
Washington
New York Giants
Carolina Panthers

It's not a walk over schedule by any stretch, so we're going to have to earn whatever we get against a few desperate teams also fighting for positioning (in both conferences and our own division).

TPS

As much as I do not want to admit it, I think Chi and Ny get byes with us being the #3. NY #2 which we would play as a rematch where we could get our revenge since I think we might lose that one. The cold in December will help us to know what to expect from the cold in January

Realistically you I can see the Bears losing their next 2 in row. They have to go to New York and then to New England. But the Saints just need to worry about taking care of business themselves because you can't control what other teams do.

>>Realistically you I can see the Bears losing their next 2 in row. They have to go to New York and then to New England. But the Saints just need to worry about taking care of business themselves because you can't control what other teams do.

I think they have to play the Jets and Giants in NJ before facing the Patriots (I could be wrong).

TPS

Man, that would be huge, and a chance for Turf to shine.

/But seriously, TPS is spot on in his assessment./

Yeah:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Nov 12</TD><TD align=left>@N.Y. Giants</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1163380500))</SCRIPT>8:15pm</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Nov 19</TD><TD align=left>@N.Y. Jets</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1163959200))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Nov 26</TD><TD align=left>@New England</TD><TD align=left><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1164564000))</SCRIPT>1:00pm</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think we are giving the Giants to much credit. They have a great Defense but a very overrated Offense.

They've struggled to beat the bucs (who should of beat them if not for 4 dropped TD passes) and the lowly Texans at home.

I think Eli is bordering on being overrated this year. They have a great running game though but for some reason they aren't scoring alot of points.

I think we could be the 1st seed easy if we keep playing with confidence and pulling out the wins. Since we get to hit NY straight up we can control our own destiny.

Man it feels good to even talk about this.

Lets keep this thread going until we are out of the homefield hunt

Man it feels good to even talk about this.

No doubt. I still am a little stunned, at how good the Saints are this year.

It sure is fun when your team is 1st in the division and playing well!

There is one way we can alleviate this concern and this is to continue winning. I know that is obvious, but, I feel like the team that has the best shot at this time is likely New Orleans. I think Chicago will drop a few, as well. The last game against Carolina could turn out to be significant. We'll know alot more by Thanksgiving.

In a way I hope we meet the Falcons in the playoffs. I think we can manhandle them at homw!

That 27-20 loss still burns/hurts!! Revenge!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom