Battle of the Neutral Ground (1 Viewer)

Pudding shots really fix most problems with Mardi Gras.

Join me in a thought experiment, if you will.

Let's say Parade X starts at 7:00. It's just a regular parade, so the crowd is reasonable. You have some friends coming to your house, which is near the parade route. They are bringing their kids to watch the parade with your kids. So you get out there at 6:00 just to hang out, and you've got a good spot right in front.

The parade starts rolling, you watch those stupid shriners pass by throwing bubble gum from 1975 that's hard as a pebble. Right before the first float is about to pass, a bunch of people from Kenner come stand right in front of you. Even though you are in the "front row", these loud, obnoxious Kennarians wedge themselves in front of you and force you back.

How do you react emotionally to such manouvering? Is that the spirit of Mardi Gras?

I don't support this walling off. I hate it. It's stupid, dangerous, and selfish. But it's a reaction, imo, to people who don't respect other people's space. While totally over the top and obnoxious, but there is a kernel of justification in there somewhere I think.

The only way to solve this problem is to eliminate people from Kenner, but that's not popular politically for some reason.

Thank you. Exactly what I am saying and totally agree.

I think the law was 18 back it my day, so it was legal. These days you got kids in school uniform drinking and smoking.

I used to love the 18 drinking age. When people would ask for my ID I'd laugh because it was oviously a joke. Could go anywhere in the quarter and buy all the alcohol I wanted. Then the law changed to 21 and a couple years later I turned 18 and had to have a fake ID. It was so much less of a hassle to buy weed.

Join me in a thought experiment, if you will.

Let's say Parade X starts at 7:00. It's just a regular parade, so the crowd is reasonable. You have some friends coming to your house, which is near the parade route. They are bringing their kids to watch the parade with your kids. So you get out there at 6:00 just to hang out, and you've got a good spot right in front.

The parade starts rolling, you watch those stupid shriners pass by throwing bubble gum from 1975 that's hard as a pebble. Right before the first float is about to pass, a bunch of people from Kenner come stand right in front of you. Even though you are in the "front row", these loud, obnoxious Kennarians wedge themselves in front of you and force you back.

How do you react emotionally to such manouvering? Is that the spirit of Mardi Gras?

I don't support this walling off. I hate it. It's stupid, dangerous, and selfish. But it's a reaction, imo, to people who don't respect other people's space. While totally over the top and obnoxious, there is a kernel of justification in there somewhere I think.

The only way to solve this problem is to eliminate people from Kenner, but that's not popular politically for some reason.

i am sure there is plenty of room for you to stretch out at those mandeville parades

ah, it was the dreaded predictathreat. :covri:

this is a strange year for me. It is the first year in a decade that I have not lived near the parade route and I don't think I am going to catch one parade. Couple that with football being over and I am trying to figure out what to do with myself.

It's RUDE! Screw public property. It is straight up rude to walk in front of someone.

For the record, i am not talking about ladders, roping off, etc. I could care less.

But if someone brings their ice chest and sits on their ice chest drinking a few beers while the kids play on the neutral ground and as soon as the parade starts... people should have some decency to not push their way to the front. In the "spirit" of a parade or Mardi Gras you get whatever peice of grass or concrete that you find is open.

Agree whole-heartedly...middle age woman are the absolute worst! Had a woman the other night take a stuffed animal right out of my 3 year old daughter's hands.

Wrong. Your ice chest or the time you arrived does not make the neutral ground your personal property. There are too many people to claim an area or a spot in the front. If you want to tailgate, go to tiger stadium. If you want to be in the front with your 3 year old, go stand in the front. But don't be upset that there are people around you. It's Mardi Gras.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

It's all the Kennarians fault. They should just stay in America's City. People from the Northshore should also be banned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom