Battlefield 2042 (1 Viewer)

using a 4-wheeler to destroy a helicopter is a legitimate strategy

it's just a cinematic trailer but there are some things in there that are obviously meant to show that they are looking to bring BF back to BF3 & BF4 levels

I guess brining it back to Bad Company 2 levels was too much to ask for?

All joking aside, what do you see that indicates a return to BF3 levels? I mean other than not having flint lock rifles?

Last edited:
I guess brining it back to Bad Company 2 levels was too much to ask for?

All joking aside, what do you see that indicates a return to BF3 levels? I mean other than not having flint lock rifles?

they clearly were nodding to the gameplay of those older BF titles...

using a 4-wheeler to destroy another vehicle is something i did often in BF3 & 4

the scene with the pilot leaving the plane, shooting a rocket launcher at another plane and then somehow returning to his plane is something that sweats could really pull off...there are vids on youtube showing it

obviously, we still need to see what the actual gameplay looks like but those things two were deliberately shown in the trailer, imo

also, the snatching of dog tags...looking forward to getting zeetes

they clearly were nodding to the gameplay of those older BF titles...

using a 4-wheeler to destroy another vehicle is something i did often in BF3 & 4

the scene with the pilot leaving the plane, shooting a rocket launcher at another plane and then somehow returning to his plane is something that sweats could really pull off...there are vids on youtube showing it

obviously, we still need to see what the actual gameplay looks like but those things two were deliberately shown in the trailer, imo

also, the snatching of dog tags...looking forward to getting zeetes

I guess I'm just skeptical that they are just showing that to make you think it's going to be like that. I mean, I hope it is good, and the modern setting seems promising, but I'm still skeptical after the last two disasters. Hopefully it's at least better that the Call of Duty stuff.

I guess I'm just skeptical that they are just showing that to make you think it's going to be like that. I mean, I hope it is good, and the modern setting seems promising, but I'm still skeptical after the last two disasters. Hopefully it's at least better that the Call of Duty stuff.
The interwebs seems to agree with Pop

The interwebs seems to agree with Pop

I recall seeing the YouTube clip of some dude doing that in the game years ago, but I'm not sure that means that the game will return to when it was good. It certainly means they want us to think it will be good again.

And, I hope it is. I always preferred the Battlefield games over COD. I like the vehicles, bigger maps, destructible environment, games modes, and longer TTK. I never could compete in a twitch shooter like COD, and it's only getting worse as I get older.

The game play was always there, just the paint on top wasn't so fresh. They also moved towards the loot box bull crap in One and 5. And they will likely be copying the whole battle pass "operator" bull crap from COD/Siege. That can be tolerated, if it's as fun and with as many options for mobility as there are in 3 and 4.

Edit: They also ruined the Battle Log towards the end of 4. It was already severely slashed at the start of 4, but it was completely gutted at some point over the course of 4. I with they'd return that to it's BF3 glory days. You used to be able to pull up all sorts of data, but then they only let you see basic crap.

BF1 was mechanically good but the weapons and vehicles were mostly sheet

i never played BFV so i don't know what it's like but the historical setting was a no go for me

BF1 was mechanically good but the weapons and vehicles were mostly sheet

i never played BFV so i don't know what it's like but the historical setting was a no go for me

You didn't miss anything. BF1 is still 100000000 times better than BFV. BFV was rushed and had more bugs that still remain from the Alpha.

I like BF1 and still play it. Operations Maps are still great battles and never get old.

I mean, this looks pretty damn good

You just like it because they ran an ATV loaded with C4 into a helicopter.

In all seriousness, it does look really awesome. The lighting, smoke, and explosions look great. I Just hope the game play holds up.

You just like it because they ran an ATV loaded with C4 into a helicopter.

In all seriousness, it does look really awesome. The lighting, smoke, and explosions look great. I Just hope the game play holds up.

obviously, C4 on an ATV is all i needed to see...i miss all of the hate messages i used to get calling me a n00b

but it definitely appears that they are trying to recapture the gameplay that separated BF from other shooters while adding some new elements that look pretty fun....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom