Bayer + Monsanto (2 Viewers)

Is Monsanto actually spraying illegal chemicals onto our soil or are they selling government approved chemicals to farmers so they can grow enough food to deed our country?

I ask because we as Americans can purchase fruits and veggies from chemical free organic farms. But most do not. Instead we blame the big corporations. If we all purchased organic, Monsanto would go away. If our all mighty government really cared about us, they would stop Monsanto from poisoning us. But here we are, crying about Monsanto. Tisk Tisk

I only eat organic, it's not my responsibility nor desire to make all of America follow suit. Also let's be realistic, for a great portion of the US it's not feasible economically to eat exclusively organic. Who said our government cared for us? I believe they're just as corrupt and part of the problem as Monsanto themselves. Sure - the chemicals are government approved, but should they be? No. No way. Glyphosate is destroying the soil, just because they're able to "lobby" and maintain the legal status of their horrible products doesn't make them any less morally reprehensible - in fact you could make the case that it makes them more so because it shows they're aware of the issues they're creating but are not concerned with the effects they're causing as long as they're turning a profit.

I say this as someone who strongly believes in and supports capitalism. I don't, however, support companies that buy legal status of known harmful substances.

By the way - no one is crying. Discussing ****** business practices and highlighting that certain companies putting profit above human life is wrong doesn't equate to crying.

Is Monsanto actually spraying illegal chemicals onto our soil or are they selling government approved chemicals to farmers so they can grow enough food to deed our country?

I ask because we as Americans can purchase fruits and veggies from chemical free organic farms. But most do not. Instead we blame the big corporations. If we all purchased organic, Monsanto would go away. If our all mighty government really cared about us, they would stop Monsanto from poisoning us. But here we are, crying about Monsanto. Tisk Tisk

The onus of what you decide to put in your body ultimately falls on you. I agree that more consumers need to educate themselves on where their food comes from, and what food actually is. And some people just need to find it somewhere in their backbone to actually give a ****

But these companies do everything they can to block that information from becoming as common as it should be. It is not taught in schools. It is not labeled on their packaging. And anyone that does try to spread the truth is met with lawsuits and harassment.

And finally, if everyone did buy organic, Monsanto would not simply go away. They would start patenting crops' DNA and monopolize the **** out of the organic market.

The onus of what you decide to put in your body ultimately falls on you. I agree that more consumers need to educate themselves on where their food comes from, and what food actually is. And some people just need to find it somewhere in their backbone to actually give a ****

But these companies do everything they can to block that information from becoming as common as it should be. It is not taught in schools. It is not labeled on their packaging. And anyone that does try to spread the truth is met with lawsuits and harassment.

And finally, if everyone did buy organic, Monsanto would not simply go away. They would start patenting crops' DNA and monopolize the **** out of the organic market.

I am not claiming that they are the poster child for greatness but the msds info is readily available. There are plenty of research facilities that can test and judge the stuff they produce. Our federal government regulates the stuff that produce. You and I may not want their stuff in our body but that can probably be said about half the stuff we consume.

Breathing in that new car smell worries me more than Monsanto's fertilizer. Probably both just as bad.

I am not claiming that they are the poster child for greatness but the msds info is readily available. There are plenty of research facilities that can test and judge the stuff they produce. Our federal government regulates the stuff that produce. You and I may not want their stuff in our body but that can probably be said about half the stuff we consume.

Breathing in that new car smell worries me more than Monsanto's fertilizer. Probably both just as bad.

The point is that the information and studies are manipulated and dripping with corruption. I am beyond certain you understand this extremely basic concept and are being needlessly complicated for the sake of playing devil's advocate

The point is that the information and studies are manipulated and dripping with corruption. I am beyond certain you understand this extremely basic concept and are being needlessly complicated for the sake of playing devil's advocate

i think it's more the "oh ho, liberals. now you don't trust the govt, huh?" tactic
JimEverett is trying it in the North Carolina thread

Roundup is banned in every country of the EU. That is a fact. The EU has determined it is a cancer causing substance and an endocrine disrupter. It has been proven to damage soil microbe and decomposer populations. It has been proven to be in the foods that humans consume. Those are all facts. Monsanto has inserted genes into many seed families allowing them to be regularly sprayed with roundup to kill the weeds around them, yet to not effect the growth of food products. Those genes are carried by bees and drift, and then go into neighboring crops. Monsanto regularly sues neighboring farmers who reuse their seed (have to buy new seed from Monsanto every year, cannot reuse) as it can contain Monsanto registered genetics, even though those farmers wanted nothing to do with Monsanto in the first place.

Monsanto is nowhere near doing business for the good of anyone other than their bottom line. Bayer corporation is not much better, as they create most of the pesticides (neurotoxins) that are used on crops and for insect control. There is a tentative link to learning disabilities and large farming organizations that regularly spray this garbage. I'm not going to sit here and go on, but neither one of these companies has the public's best interest at heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roundup is banned in every country of the EU. That is a fact. The EU has determined it is a cancer causing substance and an endocrine disrupter. It has been proven to damage soil microbe and decomposer populations. It has been proven to be in the foods that humans consume. Those are all facts. Monsanto has inserted genes into many seed families allowing them to be regularly sprayed with roundup to kill the weeds around them, yet to not effect the growth of food products. Those genes are carried by bees and drift, and then go into neighboring crops. Monsanto regularly sues neighboring farmers who reuse their seed (have to buy new seed from Monsanto every year, cannot reuse) as it can contain Monsanto registered genetics, even though those farmers wanted nothing to do with Monsanto in the first place.

Monsanto is nowhere near doing business for the good of anyone other than their bottom line. Bayer corporation is not much better, as they create most of the pesticides (neurotoxins) that are used on crops and for insect control. There is a tentative link to learning disabilities and large farming organizations that regularly spray this garbage. I'm not going to sit here and go on, but neither one of these companies has the public's best interest at heart.

I love round up use it all the time to keep the compound clear of weeds , but i really miss DDT if we had that now we would have no need to fear the Zika. Dang i wish i could have stocked up on DDT like i did with Freon.

I would love for me and my kids to eat ALL organic veggies and fruits but the prices are stupid high.

I would love for me and my kids to eat ALL organic veggies and fruits but the prices are stupid high.

Some things are and some things aren't.

Local farmers markets always have very cheap organic produce that's in season.

Walmart has cheap organic frozen fruits and veggies.

Wholesale clubs offer a lot of good prices on bulk organic produce.

While possible, it's a bit unrealistic to expect your kids to always eat organic. For the house, we buy almost entirely organic, but I still want my kids to be able to try all the snacks and junk foods that their friends at school get to have, and I encourage them to do so. And whatever they choose to eat at friends' houses and parties is up to them. All I can do is educate them and provide them with nourishment and a foundation of healthy habits.

I love round up use it all the time to keep the compound clear of weeds , but i really miss DDT if we had that now we would have no need to fear the Zika. Dang i wish i could have stocked up on DDT like i did with Freon.

I am completely not surprised by your reaction. Also since banning freon and CFCs the hole in the ozone layer magically started healing.

Your round up causes cancer and birth defects. Glad you love it like freon. That DDT was good stuff too.

Smmfh

I totally agree that eating organic veggies is reasonable.

Is it really banned because from what I see, it just reviewed an 18 month extension.

You guys forgot to put FDA in the middle of this entire farce.

I am disappoint...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom