Be careful what you wish for ! (1 Viewer)

saveFerris9

" Still Shaking it boss "
Reaction score
It is obvious that a great percentage of people either weren't fans of the Saints or don't remember what life was like before Drew Brees at QB . So many people on here are literally ready to pack this mans bags for him . Yes 95% he is retiring so y'all will get your wish more than likley . I however think if the man wants to play next year ( he won't most likley ) by God he can play ! People think it's so easy to just plug a guy in at QB and we will be better because he can throw 50 yards down field . This team has tons of talent yes . We also will be loosing a few of those pieces in the offseason . Can we win games with Jamis Winston at QB ? Probably , because we win with Taysom Hill and Teddy B . Nothing is a given in the NFL and us having to find a successor at the most important position on the field will be a transition for us you can bet on it ! Some just assume we will be right back in he thick of it with Drew gone , and even some think better . I hope we do have a seemless transition I really do but I also know just how lucky, blessed , fortunate what ever you want to call it , that we had Drew Brees all these years . We always had a chance to win as long as Brees was our QB no matter how bad it looked or how long the odds he always gave us a chance . We never had that before and frankly we may never again , I'm grateful for his time here and all the success he brought us . Not to mention he helped save football in New Orleans post Katrina . We may not see the level of sustained success again . I remember the days of just wanting to sneak into the playoffs or finish 8-8 because that was winning for us . Drew Brees made us contenders year in and year out . I have faith Sean Payton will keep us relivant he has proven he can win with other QBs, Bill Belicheck until Brady was gone this year had won with other QBs too . Remember that and be careful what we wish for

I don't think any fans here think it will be easier once Brees retire. Might go through some rough patches. However it is in the best interest to move forward. Even if he come back one more year, it will set us back one more year from moving forward. It is up to the GM, coaches, and the scouting department to find the best quarterback to lead this team.

It is obvious that a great percentage of people either weren't fans of the Saints or don't remember what life was like before Drew Brees at QB . So many people on here are literally ready to pack this mans bags for him . Yes 95% he is retiring so y'all will get your wish more than likley . I however think if the man wants to play next year ( he won't most likley ) by God he can play ! People think it's so easy to just plug a guy in at QB and we will be better because he can throw 50 yards down field . This team has tons of talent yes . We also will be loosing a few of those pieces in the offseason . Can we win games with Jamis Winston at QB ? Probably , because we win with Taysom Hill and Teddy B . Nothing is a given in the NFL and us having to find a successor at the most important position on the field will be a transition for us you can bet on it ! Some just assume we will be right back in he thick of it with Drew gone , and even some think better . I hope we do have a seemless transition I really do but I also know just how lucky, blessed , fortunate what ever you want to call it , that we had Drew Brees all these years . We always had a chance to win as long as Brees was our QB no matter how bad it looked or how long the odds he always gave us a chance . We never had that before and frankly we may never again , I'm grateful for his time here and all the success he brought us . Not to mention he helped save football in New Orleans post Katrina . We may not see the level of sustained success again . I remember the days of just wanting to sneak into the playoffs or finish 8-8 because that was winning for us . Drew Brees made us contenders year in and year out . I have faith Sean Payton will keep us relivant he has proven he can win with other QBs, Bill Belicheck until Brady was gone this year had won with other QBs too . Remember that and be careful what we wish for
Not much to disagree with here, but I do hope Drew retires so we can get started on the next chapter. He’s given it his all and brought us a championship. It‘s time to give give someone else the reins.

This is a dumb saying. Every beginning is going to have an end. Can never stay on top. Ask the Raiders and Cowboys.

think yall saying the same thing. I think some posters think that drew retiring and the next qb is all we need to win a SB. but in reality if Winston on Rookie Qb or Hill doesnt pan out we going hoping for 7th seed in coming years

This team won without Drew Brees twice the past two years, it's built to win people wanting the Saints to crumble to justify the talent of one player is short sighted, we still have a HOF Coach leading this team, I'm excited about the future

Last edited:
think yall saying the same thing. I think some posters think that drew retiring and the next qb is all we need to win a SB. but in reality if Winston on Rookie Qb or Hill doesnt pan out we going hoping for 7th seed in coming years
We got take it a day at a time. We don't have an answer at QB till proven.

He is done.

Don’t prolong the inevitable. The offense is too stunted and predictable with Brees as a shell of his former self.

I think with the dink and dunk and diminished skill set few other QBs could have won as many games and been as efficient, but it can’t get to a Super Bowl.

Time to turn the page.

To anyone angry at Brees for coming back this season and probably last season too: think about how much you love sports. Think about how large sports have loomed on your life. Then imagine being good enough at it to play beyond high school or whatever and actually being so good at this thing you loved that you reached the pinnacle of the sports world. Then imagine gradually falling from that peak but wanting to get there again, even though you kind of know that it will be way harder the second time. Imagine failing to get there again time after time, but not wanting to admit you can’t do it again because that means giving up a massive part of your life. That’s what it’s like to be an athlete like Brees, and I’ll never fault him for wanting to go out on his terms.

This team won without Drew Brees twice the past two years, it's built to win people wanting the Saints to crumble to justify the talent off one player is short sighted, we still have a HOF Coach leading this team, I'm excited about the future
Like I pointed out Belicheck won 11 games with Matt Cassel. Had won with Brian Hoyer , Jimmy G , and Jacoby Brisett . Common theme all back ups to a HOF QB . So yea We won with Teddy B and with Taysom . All back ups to a HOF QB . Nobody litterally nobody is hoping we crumble just to prove Drew was the reason we had success . Some of us that have been watching this team for 30+ years understand how things were before and how lucky we were to have the last decade and a half of Saints football . I hope we have a Joe Montana / Steve Young or Brett Favre / Aaron Rodgers Transition . That would be amazing ! Even if you get that type of transition ala Manning to Luck , as Indianapolis found out that lasted all of a hand full of years with no SB ring to show for it . Nothing is promised or given in this league , the last 4 years should have thought us that

Last edited:
For the record I do like the talent and potential Winston could bring , the ability is there its just weather or not his maturity has improved and his turnovers improve . How will we react the first time he pokes a player ala Latimore in the ear hole , or throws 2 picks a game or more on multiple occasions ?

I'm excited about the future. The Saints are going into rebuild mode for the first time in a long while. I can remember the excitement when I was a teenager in the 90's until my mid 20's in the 2000's following the offseason moves as the Saints tried to build a winner. It never worked out but the excitement was there for me. The difference now is we have people in the front office that know what they are doing. Its disappointing that the Brees era only netted us one Super Bowl but when I really think about it there was a time when I thought I would never see my team in a Super Bowl much less win one. All things must come to end but I believe we have a strong organization and we will be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom