Be honest - how many of you gave up and stopped watching? (1 Viewer)

Didn't watch any of it but checked score online every now and then. Too bad we can't defeat the Super bowl Champs twice next year. We'll have to settle for the Super Bowl Chumps.

We play the pats next season so now we can have the best of both worlds.

I fell asleep in my chair only to have my wife wake me up and say "Hunny wake up, your gonna wanna see this!"

I joined the Mrs in the hot tub right before the half. Went to watch the 2nd half later and fell asleep right after Gostkowski missed the extra point in the 3rd. This morning was a pleasant surprise. Gonna watch the rest tonight. :D

Me. Wasn't that interested to begin with. I did catch the end though because I tuned in to watch 24.

It was the best 15 min of my year so far.

Similar situation here. My 8-year old son was watching the game in another room but kept providing me updates. Finally I decided to turn the game on with about 8 minutes left in the game. Vey glad I did. I've been randomly chuckling since last night.

I said "Game over" after the pick 6. I almost turned it off, but I kept watching because of our office pool. And I won the third quarter thanks to a missed PAT! $125!

We watched the whole game, but at 21-0 I thought Payton's comments about rooting against Falcons might have given them some motivation!? When Patriots were trying to tie the game, I knew Brady could do it. Once Patriots won the OT coin toss, game over!

Not me! I enjoyed watching the Patriots suck as much as I enjoyed watching the Falcons blow it! Much like last year loved watching Denver suck and the Panthers blow it! :)

Didn't stop watching, honestly. Got a giant stress headache muttering at the TV, lol, but I didn't.

So I just kept on listening in but refused to let myself get excited because I was 100% convinced they would take it down to the last second and miss the 2-point conversion and we'd all be cursing their idiot kicker right now.

Thanks for the opportunity to give a little information. The following is meant purely in the spirit of good fellowship among both neworleanshoo and other SR members, and educating some about the merits of the so called 'idiot kicker'. Before I begin, let me say that I greatly dislike the Cheatriots as much as anybody. I just hate the Falcons even more. Given that fact:

I wish we could have had Stephen 'Beaver' Gostkowski as a Saint for the last few years. Athough he was originally brought up as a native son of Louisiana, (And yes, he was a Saints fan from a long time back!), he moved to Mississippi just before his high school years. That 'idiot kicker' you speak of is a brilliant former student of mine and was a high honor roll student and a part of state championship baseball and football teams at Madison Central High School here in Mississippi. As a phenomenal pitcher, he was highly recruited out of high school by just about all of the SEC teams (along with many others) to play baseball, and all of us thought that would be the way he would go and become famous. He was most heavily recruited by Mississippi State, but Ron Polk wouldn't let him pitch and play football too. He spurned the MLB draft AND MSU, and ended up going to Memphis as a result, so that he could play both football and baseball.

That 'idiot kicker' gives back to his alma mater regularly, and gives of his time to come back and give pep talks to our squad each year- a squad that has played perennial Louisiana powerhouse West Monroe for five years in a row, only losing once. A squad that has been in the North State Championship game here in Mississippi every year for the last 6 years. He is still an inspiration.

No idiot there! Thanks for allowing me to vent in support of such a great young man.

BTW: While not all of them went on to become household names, that <B>one</B> high school championship team that Beaver Gostkowski was on produced <B>five</B> NFL players:

Beaver Gostkowski, (Patriots)
Parys Haralson (49ers;Saints)
Chris Spencer, (Seahawks; Bears)
Mike Espy, (Redskins)
Doug Buckles. (Redskins)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom