Be honest - how many of you gave up and stopped watching? (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
Just saw a FB post from a Saints fan that turned it off when it became 28-3 and went to bed only to wake up this morning to about 30 "ROFL/LMAO" texts and that's how he learned the news.

So let's hear it; did any of you lose hope? I kept it on, and was just going to sulk for the entire fourth quarter/celebration, but obviously the football gods had other plans. :hihi:

Same here. Put my daughter to bed and then saw it was 28-9. I went to bed sad, but woke up happy :)

Best Monday in a long time :ezbill:

Me. Wasn't that interested to begin with. I did catch the end though because I tuned in to watch 24.

It was the best 15 min of my year so far.

Watched the whole thing. I was hoping to see the most amazing comeback ever. Sometimes, hope is rewarded.

Went to bed at 28-3. I looked at my wife's tablet and it was 28-20,so I turned the bedroom tv on.

Took the kids home from my sister in law's in the third quarter.

By the time I had gotten done putting my younger daughter to bed it was getting interesting....so got to see everything unfold.

Went to bed when it was 28-3.
Heard fireworks going down right outside my bedroom window.
I'm all like, "WTF we got some Clown fans in my neighborhood now??"
More fireworks going down in the distance.
Decide to figure out why a bunch of Saints fans are celebrating the end of this Super Bowl.
My frown and pessimism: gone. :ezbill:

I gave up, physically changed the channel, but my Nephew was like, "Turn it back! How you gonna just change the channel on MY TV". So I turned back to the game and told my sister, "I'm ready to go home". Well, as soon as I turned back, it's like you could see the momentum shift, so we sat there and just talked smack for a minute. The whole time, the Patriots just kept fighting back. I hugged my Nephew after the game...

We were close. My wife thought the Pats didn't show up, were too smug and then went to bed in the 4th quarter. I kept telling her it's not over, but it wasn't looking great. I stayed to watch.

I had to contain my excitement when the Pats tied it up, since everyone else was asleep.

I kinda gave up but never stopped watching.

Then I remembered, this is Tom ******* Brady.
They have a chance.

I stopped watching after the first half, but knew Tom Brady was going to do something. I took it as a big MAYBE he can pull it off if I stop watching. I did followed it on NFL.com but didn't even turn on the TV. Got nervous.

I was on the patio cleaning out my smoker and my grill, and just kept the game on. The kids were asleep and my wife was dozing off on the patio sofa, and I started zoning out thinking about my workday - today. Everything changed when Freeman whiffed on a block and Ryan fumbled.

Yes, I had thrown in the towel on the game at halftime and can't tell you why I kept it on.

Nah, I didn't watch it - and never intended to. Gotta be at work at 6:00am. Two teams that I despise. So I just recorded it, to watch it tonight.

But oh man, I'm definitely going to WATCH it tonight!

When ATL went up big, it made me more interested in the game. I knew the Pats would come back, but I didn't know if they could come all the way back. Haven't been this happy about a SB since 44.

This SB proved that a football team is more then the sum of its parts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom