Be prepared when the Saints beat the Giants (2 Viewers)

Did you see the game yesterday? I watched all of the first quarter and I can tell you that it is a valid excuse. He threw the ball awkwardly to say the least.

I watched the game, and I can tell you that it didn't seem to bother him. He was hitting his WR's in stride and had some zip on the ball. The announcers were even saying he looks fine and ready to play. So take that how you want, but your'e excuse is already voided. Eli's foot is fine and it's not bothering him!

So you're still picking the Saints to lose, at home, to the Giants, even though you admit Eli has a bum foot? But you're leaving the door open to hang your hat on the excuse that if the Giants do lose, it was because of his foot. Does that about cover it?

These are your words, I don't know what you are talking about dude.

I watched the game, and I can tell you that it didn't seem to bother him. He was hitting his WR's in stride and had some zip on the ball. The announcers were even saying he looks fine and ready to play. So take that how you want, but your'e excuse is already voided. Eli's foot is fine and it's not bothering him!

Another person who is clueless. I didn't say this, YOU did. I just said he had to compensate throwing the ball.....he threw it fine for one quarter.....there is no excuse, just stating a fact dude. :idunno:

So you're still picking the Saints to lose, at home, to the Giants, even though you admit Eli has a bum foot? But you're leaving the door open to hang your hat on the excuse that if the Giants do lose, it was because of his foot. Does that about cover it?

Funny that our injuries don´t count, but theirs do.

What about our pro-bowl left tackle? I´d be surprised if our 2nd string is 100%...

If the Saints and Giants played 10 times the *most* either team would win would be 6 times. Drawing conclusions, pontificating, rag chewing, etc about those results would at best me misleading. They are both good teams. My hope is that the Saints win this game to increase the chances that they are able to win the more important theoretical game in January by playing at home.

I know the Giants are good, but they have not played anyone with the level of talent/intensity that we will have and it may take them a quarter or two to adjust and if we come out strong and jump on them, it could be a long day for them. 34-17

Do you notice the trend of every game we come out strong we let the opponent right back in the game?

EricInCT
This message is hidden because EricInCT is on your ignore list.

You guys really need to look into this. Just tryin to clean up the place is all....

I love it when the fans want it both ways......one one hand everybody is disgusted that in case of a win, all the riff-raff will jump on the Saints bandwagon......man'o man!!....what an awful sight!....They all hate it!....an unrighteous indignation!

But they all want them on the bandwagon!!...That's the other side of the coin! After all, if the riff-raff jumps off the bandwagon......that means only one thing! The unthinkable happened!....And I'm sure no one wants that!

LMAO!.....what's it gonna be, Saints fans???.....deal with the riff-raff.....or make sure they jump off the bandwagon??

Everybody will finally be on our bandwagon

We will hear it the rest of the season too

Just setting expectations....I know some on here are not totally comfortable with the Saints being a frontrunner and having a mark on our backs

What preparations should I make? Is there a preparedness kit I can get with all the stuff I'll need? Will my family be safe? Is there a handbook I should read?

So many questions.

and conversely if we lose, many will jump off

Exactly. The bandwagon will empty. The talking heads will say the Falcons are the best team in the South. The Saints will be 8-12 in the various power rankings. This forum will also be in chaos......

Exactly. The bandwagon will empty. The talking heads will say the Falcons are the best team in the South. The Saints will be 8-12 in the various power rankings. This forum will also be in chaos......

It's been a while since I've waited til Wednesday to check in here. Don't miss that.

I don't see the forum being in chaos losing to the Giants.

The bandwagon will still be in full swing at 4-1.

There is no way they will say the Falcons are better till we play each other.

Still top 5 in power rankings.

It's been a while since I've waited til Wednesday to check in here. Don't miss that.

It's great the team has been playing so well but it's just a matter of time until they drop a game - it's football - an unlucky break here or there, ball takes weird bounce, the refs, etc. But some fans here seem to think this team is invincible. They're a very good team but so are the Giants. I cringe at the thought of this board after that first loss. Like you I'll wait until later to peek in.......

I don't think people will pay that much attention if we win. They'll be too busy slobbering over Favre's brilliant 220-yard, 2 TD performance (or his 4 INT performance) against Baltimore; Brady's dismantling of the 0-5 Texans, which will prove he's back to his old form and that the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl; the Atlanta vs. Chicago, Ryan vs. Cutler showdown; or the Broncos possibly going 6-0 by beating the Chargers. While we may get the #1 spot in some of those all-important power rankings, people will still make excuses - Eli's foot, the injuries in the Giants' back seven, their 1,500 mile road trip while the Saints are fresh off a bye week.

In other words, I'm not sure that we'll get massive national exposure if we win on Sunday, especially with no more games against New York teams. And I'd honestly prefer it that way. I'd prefer that we get no respect until Benson is dancing on the sidelines in Miami with his black and gold umbrella in hand as Drew, Reggie, Colston, Vilma, and Sharper hoist the Lombardi trophy after a 44-10 win over the Colts in the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom