Be Still My Beating Heart (1 Viewer)

These past few years there's been something about the Chester in those commercials that I just don't trust.

Mac and cheese from a box has it's place at the kids table or a super busy schedule, but I'd prefer to take the time and make it properly.

Mac and cheese from a box has it's place at the kids table or a super busy schedule, but I'd prefer to take the time and make it properly.

The serious eats recipe is killer.

Thx, I'll try it.

Warning - it calls for sodium citrate, which you probably have to get online. But it's an emulsifier for the cheese so you don't have to make a bechemel. It also lets you use any kind of cheese you want.

Warning - it calls for sodium citrate, which you probably have to get online. But it's an emulsifier for the cheese so you don't have to make a bechemel. It also lets you use any kind of cheese you want.

Why not just use canned cheese?

BTW, is there one particular recipe you are talking about? The Serious Eats site seems to have many recipes for Mac and Cheese.

I found this one that's highly rated and looks super simple once you get that pasta to water correct.

FWIW, Alton Brown now says to use cold water with pasta as the slower cooking gives a better noodle. Haven't had time, but planning to use his new good eats reloaded cacio e pepe recipe which calls for that method.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom