Bears cancel interview with Allen (1 Viewer)

That’s not really true unless failure is not winning a Super Bowl. He built one of the nastiest defenses assembled and a vicious run heavy offense but he just couldn’t get to the big one. Chucky really lucked into that team when he came over from Oakland.
Failure is getting fired. He is one of many coaches who have rebounded from getting sacked and gone on to have HOF careers elsewhere.

That’s not really true unless failure is not winning a Super Bowl. He built one of the nastiest defenses assembled and a vicious run heavy offense but he just couldn’t get to the big one. Chucky really lucked into that team when he came over from Oakland.
Looks at the Buffalo Bills. On that note Dungy did get the big one in Indy with Manning . The second time you know who beat Dungy In SB :p

Last edited:
I think it’s important to keep as much of Payton’s staff on board as possible. He hired them all for a reason and I’m willing to see what they can do. I am not just going to assume they are going to be bad coaches without Payton around.
We saw what happened when several of them were sidelined with covid for the first Panthers game. It was a trainwreck.

Obviously any position coaches we would hire in their place (should we choose to do that) would most likely be better than the waterboy, but it was telling how lost the team was without them.

He had zero chance in Oakland. He got the job while they were trying to clear the terrible cap situation Al Davis and Reggie McKenzie put them in. That took 2 years and just as they were finally able to start rebuilding Allen got fired. He should have been given at least one year to show what he could do with a rebuilding team once they had the space and draft picks to work with.
What situation do you think he finds himself in now if we indeed foolishly give him the job?

Terrible cap.
No QB.

Remember when DA was announced as DC? Many in here claimed we were doomed. Once DA got his players, his system, He was on the verge of replacing the Offense as the KEYSTONE to the TEAM, instead of the OFFENSE. Then when it appeared we had no offense, the DEFENSE not only delivered W's they also kept games from becoming a blowout.
So, No QB, no CAP, what is he going to do? Like any other good coach. He will simply rebuild the Team to his liking according to his style. Sometimes Success spoils the fruits, Dallas? YEP
Pittsburgh YEP, Raiders Yep, Green Bay Yep. All the successful Teams have had the success tour and then watch from the sidelines for a few years. Tough Business. Worst case scenario, we can't get any worse the 70-80's for those who may not realize.

You guys got to remember Allen went from DB coach after a few seasons to one year as a defensive coordinator, then to head coach. That means he only had 1 year of calling plays maybe he wasn’t ready to be a head coach at that time.

I don't understand, given the opportunity, why would you choose DA over John Harbaugh?
Not excited about this at all. Love DA as a defensive coordinator, but just because your a good coordinator doesn't make u a good head coach. But we will see.

You guys got to remember Allen went from DB coach after a few seasons to one year as a defensive coordinator, then to head coach. That means he only had 1 year of calling plays maybe he wasn’t ready to be a head coach at that time.
He wasn't. Even when it was happening, I was like why is this happening. He was too young and raw for that head coach position then. Now, I don't think so. He's ready.

He wasn't. Even when it was happening, I was like why is this happening. He was too young and raw for that head coach position then. Now, I don't think so. He's ready.
I thought the same thing when it happened. I was like man wow he was just our DB coach and now he’s the head man. I thinking the same thing about Demeco Ryans getting so much attention after 1 year of coordinating. They have a great defense before he became coordinator just like DA had in Denver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom