Saints Bears haven't won at the Superdome since 1991! (1 Viewer)

Let's celebrate our 30th anniversary this Sunday :)

Last edited:
Not necessarily pulling for this to happen or not happen..... But it dawned on me that Brees could theoretically end up playing the first and second team to eliminate him from the playoffs in his Saints career (Chicago and Seattle).

And while Frisco, the third team to eliminate him, isn't available.....who knows, maybe Alex Smith could be. Doubtful, obviously, but still.

this ^^

somebody always has the kewl stat that reminds the football gods to adjust

Not necessarily pulling for this to happen or not happen..... But it dawned on me that Brees could theoretically end up playing the first and second team to eliminate him from the playoffs in his Saints career (Chicago and Seattle).

And while Frisco, the third team to eliminate him, isn't available.....who knows, maybe Alex Smith could be. Doubtful, obviously, but still.
Third game could be the refs.

Not exactly an earth-shattering stat, considering we have only played them at the dome five times in the 30 years since that 1991 game, and lost to them in a sixth "home game" in Baton Rouge in 2005.

The Saints ALWAYS Blow playoff games against teams they should beat.

I sure hope this balances the juju from this post.

Hyperbole much? Literally everyone but one team loses playoff games every year; ours are just more memorable because we have had significantly fewer playoff games than a lot of other franchises over the course of our history, and because we have had several spectacular/snake-bitten franchise/act of god type losses in the past decade.

Unless you're the Patriots of the past 20 years, it is extremely LIKELY you will lose in the playoffs. Heck, it is likely WE will lose a playoff game this year; the stats dictate it.

Never understand these thread posted. People are already nervous as heck already. This thread is making me feel way worse than I am.

These threads are at least better to me than the "I smell a blowout!" threads or the dreaded "If we are up by more than four touchdowns, do we let Jameis get some reps?" threads.

Did you know that since 2000, teams with an 8-8 record entering the playoffs are 4-1 in the Wild Card?

You know why?

I believe it's because teams playing teams with non-winning records inevitably take their competition lightly and the team with the non-winning record is so thrilled to be there and play spoiler that they let it all hang out, because ---why not?!?

So I'm excited for playoff football...but I'm nervous as hell that our guys will play down to a team they should treat like the Chiefs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom