N/S Bears Hire Matt Eberflus As HC (1 Viewer)

So far, none of the hires made are guys that I really wanted the Saints to hire. Leftwich was interesting, but I'm not sure he is anything special.

Sometimes the non household names are the better hires.

Sure and sometimes they are not. I'm just saying that from my totally unprofessional opinion, there are still plenty of good candidates available on the market so the fact that we are starting our process almost 3 weeks late doesn't appear to have hurt us too much since guys like Eric Bienemy, Kellen Moore, Doug Pederson, and Dennis Allen are still available.

Sure and sometimes they are not. I'm just saying that from my totally unprofessional opinion, there are still plenty of good candidates available on the market so the fact that we are starting our process almost 3 weeks late doesn't appear to have hurt us too much since guys like Eric Bienemy, Kellen Moore, Doug Pederson, and Dennis Allen are still available.
I always wonder what is the mindset of gm when hiring these people

Pederson is so intriguing. Moore can be special if not under Jones’s microscope. Bienemy knows how to call plays and sees what works in today’s NFL. Obviously, DA could flourish here. All great candidates on your list.

Pederson is so intriguing. Moore can be special if not under Jones’s microscope. Bienemy knows how to call plays and sees what works in today’s NFL. Obviously, DA could flourish here. All great candidates on your list.
Pederson is intriguing I agree.

Moore is smart as they come but not close to ready IMO, he had 3 games, 2 starts as an NFL QB and 3 seasons, two as OC as a coach. Sean Payton for example had 17 years as a coach before becoming our HC. He has been OC for two head coaches heavily involved in the offense. I think he has the intellegence and presence to be a HC, but im not convinced that he wont flame out in his first gig wihout a lot more seasoning first.

Bienemy has the, "How much is it Reid, Mahomes, and their arsenal of weapons?", question.

DA is smart enough, but comes off rough. Does he have the presence of an NFL head coach. Side note if he is the guy and retains Carmichael, I want a guy like Joe Brady (does not have to be him) brought in to challenge and adapt the playbook and help with in game adjustments. Someone young and innovative.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom