Bears interested in our O-lineman (1 Viewer)

Gumerk

Hot Sauce Addict.
Reaction score
Bah! Stay away bears!

Bears may be targeting Saints OL Bushrod and de la Puente in free agency

One team that might be interested in Bushrod is Chicago, the new home of former Saints interim coach and offensive line/running game coordinator Aaron Kromer who became offensive coordinator under Bears' first-year coach Marc Trestman in mid-January. Starting left tackle J'Marcus Webb apparently has run into some legal trouble in Illinois that may or may not affect his job standing with the Bears.

The Bears also might be interested in Saints restricted free agent center Brian de la Puente, who was inserted into the starting lineup as a journeyman OL in October 2011 and became a fixture under Kromer's watch. Bears' veteran center/guard Roberto Garza turns 34 March 26.

Bears may be targeting Saints OL Bushrod and de la Puente in free agency

Maybe Bushrod, but DLP isn't going anywhere unless they want to give up a really high draft pick. DLP has been as consistent a lineman we've had in the last couple years and is really an underrated player. I'd like to see us lock him up long term.

Maybe Bushrod, but DLP isn't going anywhere unless they want to give up a really high draft pick. DLP has been as consistent a lineman we've had in the last couple years and is really an underrated player. I'd like to see us lock him up long term.

A MEN to that!

All depends on the tender to DLP. They really should lock him up while he is still cheap.

We really need some stability on the O line. We've been through too many centers in the last few years already. We had a good one in Goodwin and let him get away to the 49ers, and he's been a fixture on their O line ever since. Meanwhile, we saw the disaster of trying to rely on Kreutz to fill Goodwin's shoes. DLP has been solid and we need to resign him. I expect we will. As for Bushrod, as I've said before, we can't afford to create another hole on the roster before the draft. Either we sign him or an equal or better LT in FA. There really aren't any alternatives. Personally, I think we need to resign both for continuity, unless some team offers absurd money for Bushrod.

With DLP it depends what we'd get back in return. We all know we need draft picks. Could Eric Olsen play center? :idunno:

Eric Olsen was a C at Notre Dame IIRC. He was drafted as a C as well. I like DLP, but I feel Olsen could take over his spot if need be.

Jake Long is also rumored to the Bears.

Basically, ever single decent OL player will be linked to the Bears.. their line was terrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom