Bears request permission to interview Saints Assistant GM Jeff Ireland (1 Viewer)

Hindsight being what it is, Nielson really dodged a bullet. If he'd taken the LSU job he'd be looking for work.

Yep. He would have gotten caught up in the dumpster fire and set his career back a few years. As it stands now, he could be in line for the Saints D-Coordinator job if Dennis Allen gets a HC job. Or he may be up for coordinator jobs with other NFL teams.

We all knew this day was coming. I'm actually surprised it took this long. We always talk about losing players but we've been lucky to keep this staff intact for the last several years. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we lose Ireland and/or DA.

Losing Ireland would be a gut punch but hopefully his mojo has rubbed off on some of his minions. If we lose him maybe the Saints continue to target good football players instead of players who look like they would be good at football.

I mean, you say this, but the Saints still stick pretty strictly to guys with high SPARQ scores in the draft. I think all of the guys they have taken the last several years rate really high on those scores. So, it's not like they do the Ditka lunch pail guy thing. They draft the best athletes who are also good football players. I think they use a certain SPARQ score of a certain number is specific areas for a player as a requirement and then they see how good the guys who meet that threshold are at football, if they have a good football IQ, and how committed they are to getting better.

The Bears will be interviewing a number of people in addition to Ireland. In all likelihood, Ireland will not be offered the Bears job.

I mean, you say this, but the Saints still stick pretty strictly to guys with high SPARQ scores in the draft. I think all of the guys they have taken the last several years rate really high on those scores. So, it's not like they do the Ditka lunch pail guy thing. They draft the best athletes who are also good football players. I think they use a certain SPARQ score of a certain number is specific areas for a player as a requirement and then they see how good the guys who meet that threshold are at football, if they have a good football IQ, and how committed they are to getting better.
They love sparq and senior bowl guys.

Because the last Saints front office guy they hired worked out so well..........................cough Ryan Pace cough

IKR

I don't like what Chi is trying to do...they're treating us like we're their damn farm franchise, they poached Pace, it didn't work, now they're reaching back in the well for Ireland in hopes of snagging Payton too...to hell with the Bears.
It's retaliation for poaching Jim Finks and Mike Ditka. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom